Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which is the best Mid-size ATV

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best Mid-size ATV

You need no storage, huh? So you never carry water, dry clothes, ropes, etc. I guess when you don't have it, you learn to suffer without it. I'll think about that next time I'm on the trails and pass all those suduki, and kawasuki owners with there storage boxes on the back.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

Haha brute hes a hardcore PO-PO. He's just mad that my wheeler will tow both of his sorry quads backwards at the same time. What bought a grizz? Couldn't handel the power of a v-twin. Would you wet yourself? ( Not to take anything away from the grizz which is a nice quad.) Don't lay your hangups on me and brute because you bought a quad that is as heavy as the big bores, with a 500 motor. Can it evan get out of its own way? And don't brag about your polaris's ride. It's a four wheeler not a car I don't want to hear it. Come back when you have something useful to say, not trying to finger f!ck polaris. Notice none of my posts on this thread, did I say, hey get a kawisaki, they are #1. You have to look beyond the spectrum.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

And tire rods where an 05 problem, I have an 06.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I baught the grizz and the sportsman for the sole purpose of mudding. Every brand of quad has it's area to shine. Kawasaki, Suzuki, Honda, well everyone knows mudding is not their area to shine. The Kawa has the worst 4x4 system, as far as being user friendly. Also, the kawa's do not like water! Neither has the best of ground clearance and suspension travel, so these are their weaknesses. They are more of a trail machine, and they have their area's to shine at in this. In a straight line drag race, there's only one machine that can beat the BF750. The V-twin has awesome lowend power, and deserves credit for it. Suzuki along with Yamaha have a great clutching system. They don't put out massive hp #'s but they know how to the power to the ground. This is one area that polaris has sucked in the past. They are getting better now with clutching in the sp800. Look guys, kawasaki is a great quad, along with suzuki. I'm just saying the sp500 is a lengend in the midsized class. It has led the class for a decade 1996-2006, with it's first in the industry CVT transmission and first in industry IRS, really makes it ahead of it's time back in 96. 38hp out of a 499cc engine is worth giving credit to, you have to admit. That 499cc fuji engine will outpull my 660cc grizz. They have a super low gear for this reason.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Brute23
A Polaris 500 costs more than my BF650 by a thousand dollars. That just fock'n crazy.
how much is the bf650, here where i live i can buy a sp500 for6,599 msrp, i thought the bf650 was 6,999;; i think you got that backwards don't you.. wayout, out........................

Old 02-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like Polaris, dont get me wrong, but for utility purposes, as in power, features(speed rack) (diff lock) (ground clearance) the cat has a better machine. On the other hand, with a caddy like ride, great steering, and stability, the polaris wins the trail riding

Old 02-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ToughGUY2169
Brute23, you had to know atleast one polaris owner would chime in with his polaris pusher ways. He said mid-sized, not a overfed, wallowing, pig.
easy buddy, nobody said anything about what you thought was the best,easy now, wayout, out.......................

Old 02-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ppope
That's ok, cause by the time you take a good for nothing but straight line drag racer kawasaki and add some decent tires to it , tire rods, and some storage, you want be far away from the weight of the Polaris and/or price. Don't be angry with Polaris for building a machine with the equipment that you have to add, and still come up shorthanded! Sorry, but someone who has compared the two knows the reason for the weight!
As for price, well we can all find deals here and there. You can't justify that. My friend bought a 2006 sp700efi for 5800 OTD. He has a farm so only 1% tax was included. I paid 6700 OTD for a 2006 grizz 660.
let them have it brother, you know what the problem is don't ya, they know Polaris makes the best their is,they are afraid of what their friends will say, come on guys don't be afraid take a stand..... wayout, out............

Old 02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Brute23
My BF needs no tie rods and handles well. I have a 650 not a 750.

I need no storage I do not have to carry spare parts and tools on the trail. Unless you want me to carry some polaris parts for you?

$5300 is competitive but not when you consider what you are getting. The better bang for the buck is the BF650 unless you are just die hard PO-PO. There ain't nothing that Po-Po Sportsman has that can justify its lack of 150ccs but still have the same price.
po po you're ka ka pretty good 'A' WAYOUT, OUT.................

Old 02-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ppope
You need no storage, huh? So you never carry water, dry clothes, ropes, etc. I guess when you don't have it, you learn to suffer without it. I'll think about that next time I'm on the trails and pass all those suduki, and kawasuki owners with there storage boxes on the back.
let'em have it,don't hold nothing back!!!!wayout, out.............

Quick Reply: Which is the best Mid-size ATV