Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Don't take your quad to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't take your quad to Canada

I just did it again and crime hasn't increased in the fifteen minutes that elapsed since my last search. Violent crime is continually dropping. Maybe you've got a different google that I have.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeeDawg
QUOTE by Slinger: DeeDawg, where are you getting those numbers. I did a simple google search and found that all violent crime: murder, rape, robbery, etc. is simply lower per capita in Canada as opposed to the U.S

Here are just a few examples. If you need several hundred more I can get them....just do a "simple google search"

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...1824-9843r.htm

http://www.nraila.org/media/misc/fables.html

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=78

From 1978 to 1988, Canada`s burglary rate increased 25%, surpassing the U.S. rate. Half of burglaries in Canada are of occupied homes, compared to only 10% in the U.S. From 1976 to 1980, ethnically and economically similar areas of the U.S. and Canada had virtually identical homicide rates, despite significantly different firearm laws….In Canada a dramatic increase in the percentage of handguns used in all homicides was reported during a period in which handguns were most strictly regulated. And in strictly regulated Germany, gun-related crime is much higher than in countries such as Switzerland and Israel, that have simpler and/or less restrictive legislation.

In Japan, rifles and handguns are prohibited; shotguns are very strictly regulated. Japan`s Olympic shooters have had to practice out of the country because of their country`s gun laws. Yet, crime has been rising for about the last 15 years and the number of shooting crimes more than doubled between 1997-1998. Organized crime is on the rise. Mostly without firearms, Japan`s suicide rate is at a record high, about 90 per day.

U.S. crime trends have been better than those in countries with restrictive firearms laws. Since 1991, with what HCI calls "weak gun laws" (Sarah Brady, "Our Country`s Claim to Shame," 5/5/97), the number of privately owned firearms has risen by perhaps 50 million. Americans bought 37 million new firearms in the 1993-1999 time frame alone. (BATF, Crime Gun Trace Reports, 1999, National Report, 11/00.) Meanwhile, America`s violent crime rate has decreased every year and is now at a 23- year low (FBI). In addition to Japan, other restrictive countries have experienced increases in crime:

In 1995 the English robbery rate was 1.4 times higher than America`s. . . . the English assault rate was more than double America`s. A June 2000 CBS News report proclaimed Great Britain `one of the most violent urban societies in the Western world. Street crime increased 47% between 1999 and 2000.

Germany -- Described in the Library of Congress report as "among the most stringent in Europe," Germany`s laws are almost as restrictive as those which HCI wants imposed in the U.S. Licenses are required to buy or own a firearm, and to get a license a German must prove his or her "need" and pass a government test. Different licenses are required for hunters, recreational shooters, and collectors. As is the case in Washington, D.C., it is illegal to have a gun ready for defensive use in your own home. Before being allowed to have a firearm for protection, a German must again prove "need." Yet the annual number of firearm-related murders in Germany rose 76% between 1992-1995.

Italy`s gun law, `the most restrictive in Europe,` had left her southern provinces alone with a thousand firearm murders a year, thirty times Switzerland`s total
wow your must be bored eh? i allmost fell asleep reading half of that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Slinger
Ease up a bit DavidLT250S, I believe you.

Kenora, I amazed at how the French Canadians can have a "superior" aire about them since they were English boot-lickers. The really superior French, Acadians, had refused to submit and had to relocate along the gulf coast.
Caution..long rant...

By superior I meant that I GOT YOU ATTITUDE when you stumble into a french business (say.. gas staion, restaurant, store) and tries to purchase something, (say..gas, magazine, liquor) and they pretend that your not just a 1/2 an hour from the Ontario border but in the middle of french speaking Europe...
and make with the I can't speak your trivial little language foolish English speaking man...you are in my country, (they think of Quebec as a country)..speak French or suffer the consequences...

I find that its hit or miss along the Transcanada Highway where the businesses have daily contact with the English intruders but much more fanatical as one moves away from the highway into the rural Quebec.

The Quebec seperatists have bullied Canada into making French one of Canada's official languages, (thanks to a long series of Quebec millionaire lawyers leading the liberal party over the years and the way the parlimentary seats are arranged to give Quebec a strangle hold on the government) BUT refuse to be bilingual themselves...

it is actually against the law to have English signs on your business in Quebec.....the language police will arrest you if you fail to correct the offence (advertise in English!)...

the first of many as- kissing Canadian governments gave them special privilages that they have expanded upon. In the last 60's the Quebec goverment was openly seperatist and supported terrorists (the FLQ)...these folks are CRAZY....

and yes I'm an Acadian (from Nova Scotia), although through a cruel twist of fate I was born in Quebec (hey! they didn't ask me where I wanted to be born)...

so to make a long story even longer....

although I can't pretend to speak for the rest of Canada I can say that Quebec is a lovely province, it has a large increaslingly diverse population and I think over time will be intergrated into the rest of North America, in the meantime it's an island of French patriotic idiocy; SOME of the folks there are terrorists, MANY are French speaking zenophobes but most are decent (we rarely se those folks).
Enough for now....I',m getting wound up...

Old 02-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

I found a VERY interesting graphic from the FBI. But, given their history, take this with a grain of salt.

http://www.sfu.ca/~mauser/papers/Lon...crimes.xls.pdf

Really, check it out. Seems like there are definitely two sets of numbers being floated around.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

As a supporter of the N.R.A., I can understand that they may put a slant on their info.

Washington Times, this is media stuff and not that credible.

I've been looking at government documents not opinionated editorials.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kenora
Originally posted by: Slinger
Ease up a bit DavidLT250S, I believe you.

Kenora, I amazed at how the French Canadians can have a "superior" aire about them since they were English boot-lickers. The really superior French, Acadians, had refused to submit and had to relocate along the gulf coast.
Caution..long rant...

By superior I meant that I GOT YOU ATTITUDE when you stumble into a french business (say.. gas staion, restaurant, store) and tries to purchase something, (say..gas, magazine, liquor) and they pretend that your not just a 1/2 an hour from the Ontario border but in the middle of french speaking Europe...
and make with the I can't speak your trivial little language foolish English speaking man...you are in my country, (they think of Quebec as a country)..speak French or suffer the consequences...

I find that its hit or miss along the Transcanada Highway where the businesses have daily contact with the English intruders but much more fanatical as one moves away from the highway into the rural Quebec.

The Quebec seperatists have bullied Canada into making French one of Canada's official languages, (thanks to a long series of Quebec millionaire lawyers leading the liberal party over the years and the way the parlimentary seats are arranged to give Quebec a strangle hold on the government) BUT refuse to be bilingual themselves...

it is actually against the law to have English signs on your business in Quebec.....the language police will arrest you if you fail to correct the offence (advertise in English!)...

the first of many as- kissing Canadian governments gave them special privilages that they have expanded upon. In the last 60's the Quebec goverment was openly seperatist and supported terrorists (the FLQ)...these folks are CRAZY....

and yes I'm an Acadian (from Nova Scotia), although through a cruel twist of fate I was born in Quebec (hey! they didn't ask me where I wanted to be born)...

so to make a long story even longer....

although I can't pretend to speak for the rest of Canada I can say that Quebec is a lovely province, it has a large increaslingly diverse population and I think over time will be intergrated into the rest of North America, in the meantime it's an island of French patriotic idiocy; SOME of the folks there are terrorists, MANY are French speaking zenophobes but most are decent (we rarely se those folks).
Enough for now....I',m getting wound up...
i agree french people try to take everything, i have to learn and pass french to graduate from highschool its rediculous i don't understand why french should be important if the rest of the country is english? all i got to say is f*ckin frogs should go back to france

Old 02-26-2006, 01:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE by Slinger: As a supporter of the N.R.A., I can understand that they may put a slant on their info.

Washington Times, this is media stuff and not that credible.

I've been looking at government documents not opinionated editorials.

Had anything you have said here and previously been made any sense I wouldn’t argue with you. You say you are a “supporter” of the NRA, yet claim their numbers are wrong. Had you known anything about the NRA you would know their numbers are far more accurate the governments of either the US or Canada.

I agree the media is not credible, but when a LEFT WING paper like the Washington Times puts out an article like that, there has to be some truth to it.

You can blindly follow whatever your government puts out if you wish too, but if you think they don’t also put out “opinions”, then you are sadly mistaken.

And no, I'm not bored. I have plenty to keep me busy here. But I can find the 5 or 10 minutes it took to find those articles.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

So sammydogs 64... Have you followed up with the Quebec police? any luck finding your trucks/bikes?

By the way, I think violent crimes in Canada are real low... murders are prevelent in Toronto and montreal, but you could probably add all the murders up in Canada and still have less then those of nearly every major American city!we have more property crimes, telemaketers, and auto theft rings. etc

Old 02-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I quoted earlier: ethnically and economically similar areas of the U.S. and Canada had virtually identical homicide rates, despite significantly different firearm laws

You can believe whatever you choose to, but the bottom line is the US is far safer then liberals and foreigners care to know.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

DeeDawg, I think you haven't made sense what part are you not clear on. I simply pointed out after a couple of posts that there seem to be two sets of numbers. I DO support the NRA, but realize they have an agenda UNLIKE government documents where actual research took place. I'm not blind, just un-biased, unlike you. Washington anything goes unread by me.

V2rider, I think that any criminal that took on someone armed with a .357 would be silly..........and dead. A simple display of the nickle plating usually does the trick. To think that it doesn't deter crime makes you stupid-silly. The first couple pages of the NRA periodical that DeeDawg is so fond of bears this out.

Quick Reply: Don't take your quad to Canada