Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Don't take your quad to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't take your quad to Canada

i live right by piney manitoba used to go up to the piney pub alot when i was 18 and well i live in roseau minnesota.

Old 02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: TheWeedman
You dont have to go around sayin bad things about other countries because somebody stole your sh**. Hell if that was the case i would say never come to the U.S., crime is alot worse here. Everyplace has there trouble spots.
I believe that every city, country, town, has their bad spots. It sounds like you where a target, or a sting operation, the thieves were probaly checking you out for some time how long where you there for. But I'm sorry for your loss, I hope that the insurance will cover it all.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey weedman were used to hearing stories like this coming from ypsi,taylor,and detroit.
Ive heard of full car carriers driving out of that b-lot by willow run and never to be seen
again.For some, crimes like this is not heard of very often.But just because we have thieves here
id hate for MI to be blackballed.

I feel for ya sammydogs64.I hope you get your stuff back.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

QUOTE by TheWeedman: if that was the case i would say never come to the U.S., crime is alot worse here.

Wrong. Crime is higher in Canada. Over the past decade, the rate of violent crime in Canada has increased while in the United States the violent crime rate has plummeted.

And Great Britain. According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its gun ban in 1997. You are more likely to be mugged in England than in the United States. The rate of robbery is now 1.4 times higher in England and Wales than in the United States, and the British burglary rate is nearly double the US's.

And Austrailia. Since 1996 armed robberies rose by 51%, unarmed robberies by 37%, assaults by 24% and kidnappings by 43%.

Old 02-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, them numbers are arbitrary. Just because you haven't seen an INCREASE in the crime rate, doesn't mean that it's any less than the countries you state. The big cities still have a high crime rate. If you want to quote stats, get some hard numbers, like crimes per 100,000 people. I think you'll find they're still higher in the U.S. than the majority of places. It's all relative, you have a higher crime rate and 10X the population. Still though, you can blame our "justice" system for that. And for that matter, the incarceration standards. These convicts shouldn't be watching satellite tv and doing nothing, the worst ones should be busting rock in Alaska.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

No “them” numbers are not arbitrary. Numbers don’t lie. Our crime rates are far lower than most people want to admit, especially in states that have a right to carry law. If we do the numbers; i.e. per 100,000, our crime rate is lower still, and dropping. As opposed to almost all western countries, even our rural areas are safer. Do a check on Wales or Australia; they are some of the worst. You have a far greater chance of being mugged in London than you do in New York. I do heartily agree with you on the justice system though, both yours and ours are far too easy on the criminal.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

seems like then that the countries that are banning or trying to take guns away from their citizens are having an increase in violent crime. does this mean if we give everyone a gun we won't have any violence? lol not likely but i guess people are more hesitent if they don't know who has a gun and a larger percentage does. I LOVE MY GUNS AND THEY WILL NEVER TAKE THEM AWAY.

Old 02-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

It's not guys like you I'm worried about Weez, it's the meth junkie at the 7-11 at 3 in the morning that scares the crap out of me. I wonder what his answer would be if I asked him for a carry permit? I don't believe guns in the hands of people makes a place safer. It may seem that way, but there are too many people out there that don't respect the piece they have and will use it to solve a stupid disagreement. That being said, we have the hated "Gun registry" up here that is USELESS. It punishes the hunters and responsible gun owners for obeying the laws. No bank robber is stupid enough to rob a place with a gun in his name.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

actaully we are aloud guns but were just not aloud carrying them on us i feel safer because you dont have to worry about getting somone mad and them pulling out a gun but i carry a knife just in case

Old 02-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My second cousin had a buddy who went to quebec, he left 2 pitbulls in his camper, it paid off for him, the canadian almost lost his leg, and half of his arm LOL. This happened about 8 yrs ago and i think it popped up on the news. Mabey someone can recall exact events, but otherwise he got what he deserved!!!!

Quick Reply: Don't take your quad to Canada