Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Utility Riders: What do you take?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utility Riders: What do you take?

To: Mr Smatpak,,, I have found out when I take beer it gets all shaken up from the rough ride and it explodes when its opened, and all the guys I ride with mooch and take my beer for themselves. Do you have the same problem? What do you do?

Old 04-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dont drink and ride.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

People have gone overboard with this drinking and driving thing, pisses me off...

they see me drinkin a beer on my quad and they like OMFG DUDE!! you drinking an driving, I'm like ya so?

Or I'm in my boat I'm damm near scared to have a beer even in my cooler, damm boat cops are a major pain in the ***. They don't even know the freaking laws. ******** wanted to give me a ticket cause my kids wern't in lifejackets. I told them my boat was big enough it wasn't required. They freaking searched my whole damm boat and there was little I could do about it cause it was a "safty equipment check" ya bullsh!t... The sides of the boat are up to my kids' neck gimme a freakin break, and even if they do fall out so what? I'll just grab em, not like they gonna fall out anyways cause I don't let them get out of control on the boat. Oh and did I mention we were stopped! I wasn't even under power ROFL... I was jigging for walleye and it was hot out and the kids were hot. I put the lifejackets back on them before we motor out. They was just looking for beer so they could ask me if I had a beer then try to lay up for me to give me a dui.

I don't see a damm thing wrong with driking and driving, I do however have a problem with someone driving drunk, specially on the highways.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: JeffinTD
The thing I don't like about CO2 is that it can take a couple of the 12gram ones, and the bigger ones are expensive. Ever had a puncture where you needed to add air to find the hole? Then have the patch not take the first time? Run over something and flatten more than one tire?

I guess my question is how many CO2 containers do you want to pack around (just in case) and/or do you want to mess with carrying a CO2 inflator and a second air source as a backup?

For mountain or road biking, however, I have an Innovation 2nd wind. Basically, it takes non-treaded (cheap air gun type) CO2, or the bigger and expensive threaded type, but it is also a (somewhat slow) mini-handpump. Unfortunately the hand pump just isn't high volume enough to be worth while on a quad.

I really like the mini-footpump, as I can inflate a quad tire in just a minute or so, and don't need to worry about running out of CO2. An electric pump would be fine, too, but to me this works easy enough that I don't see the need to get something else.
When off roading, I have seen times that the ole' can of ether(sp?) saved the day for starting purposes as well as tire inflation when a bead needs set. Extreme caution must be used though to prevent injury.

Old 04-10-2006, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

I was gonna mention the either for setting the bead but i also carry extra valve stems now after ripping out 2, and yes you can get them through the hole in the rim without breaking the bead.
Lubrication is the key!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2006, 04:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

I put all my stuff into a large day pack and wrap that in a black trash bag to keep rain or dust out and bungee it to rear rack. In pack I take foot pump, patch kit, bottle of slime, extra spark plug, canteen, .357 mag pistol, cell phone, gps unit, extra jacket, snacks, camera, small first aid kit, toilet paper.

If you have ever been caught out in a down pour you will appreciate the trash bag keeping all the expensive stuff dry till you can get to cover or soaked to the bone!!

Old 05-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

I have done extensive research on the busted beer problem, Unless you are riding on smooth concrete you can't help but shake them up.. But you can keep them in one piece. I got one of the stearns (Mad Dog) soft sided coolers,,It's pretty big but does'nt take up my whole rear rack. Then I went to the craft store and bought some 6" thick foam.. I used an electric knife and started cutting Coors Light sized holes (they are a little skinnier,,same size as bottles). I am able to haul a 30 pack by using 2 layers and ice. All my little passengers stay nice and secure...not even a dent. I have even hauled longnecks and not lost one! If you want to keep em cooler longer,,soak the foam down the night before and put the whole thing in the freezer. I am releasing this secret to the world,,Please use it wisely and HAUL THOSE EMPTYS OUT. I will preach about that..LITTERBUGS SCREW UP OUR TRAIL ACCESS WAY MORE THAN THOSE OF US THAT ENJOY A FEW COLD ONES ON THE TRAIL. Have fun and be responsible. JJ

Old 05-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Old 05-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: trailblazzers
I was gonna mention the either for setting the bead but i also carry extra valve stems now after ripping out 2, and yes you can get them through the hole in the rim without breaking the bead.
Lubrication is the key!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Very True......Been there done that! LOL! WD-40 is also a life saver...Works for that, dispersing water from wet electrical items, We have flushed a carb full of grit in a stream and then hit the insides with wd-40 to get what ever water was left in it out before re installing it on the trail.

Old 05-21-2006, 02:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: smatpak
BEER, PLENTY OF BEER
lol i seconda that....I also bring my cell phone and money and a tow rope with a tool kit

Quick Reply: Utility Riders: What do you take?