Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

need a little riding advice from the experts....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006 | 08:20 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default need a little riding advice from the experts....

Laws of physics say momentum is your best friend in them situations untill you hit the tree [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] if you have some speed you can just hang out in the seat.. Its like driving around the Daytona NASCAR track in an F150 lighting. about 55- 60mph you can drive and entire lap without touching the steering wheel.. anyslower you fall inside any faster you push outside. you learn to judge the apporpriate speed for the angle. slope your hooking or traversing.

Old 04-10-2006 | 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Also try standing up, it puts your weight on the floorboards and lowers the center of gravity. It also gives you a better visual of your surroundings.

Old 04-11-2006 | 12:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

So as I am rereading this post, I wonder if a different set of tires might not do wonders for your quad? Stepping up to a radial may cure a lot of your handlingstability woes if you are still running stock tires.

Old 04-11-2006 | 08:42 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I know I need new rims and tires on my quad. The quad I have is known to have a tippy feeling..I am planning on ordering tires and wheels in a week or two.

Old 04-11-2006 | 09:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am also a fan of going around the camber fast. Like previousley posted, if i feel it might be getting tippy, i speed up. That will almost always take it through the turn quite easily, and leave you with a pounding heart, and a little more confidence in you and your quad!

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:10 AM
Trailblazer

speed is key. To much you loose controll to little you roll. The type of ground has a lot to do with it as well, I run radial tires and they help out on all types of ground except loose gravel where in that instance they tend to tract straight for a longer period of time. I ride a kodiak 450 with itp xtr tires size 26 inch.You want just enuff speed to carry the hill and corner also you want to enter the corner so as to take out as much as the turn as you can before you get thier.One last note if you are going to roll clear yourself from the machine,a quad can be fixed personal injury can sometimes be serious use care and have fun.Be around for another ride. The advise about standing is also good in that lets say your quad is tipping to the right you can position your body to the left really easy. This is all based on personl expeareances and is no way intended to be used as a guide. Wheel on ///////