Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Suzuki KingQuad Owners: Please Sign Up!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki KQ Caster Problem Petition - King Owners: Please Sign Up!

Let me put a precursor on this by stating that I completely realize Suzuki probably won't do a thing for us. However, with that said, I would be VERY interested to send them a petition/notice with the references of virtually every KingQuad owner we can get who currently own, or have owned at one time, a Suzuki KingQuad 700 and experienced the nervous handling due to the negative caster. If you own a King, and haven't experienced the handling problem, you probably apply to one of three categories, with the last being highly unlikely:
A. You did not do the recalled tie-rods and ends (pre-recall, my King did not have a problem)
B. You simply have not ridden your King long enough or, I suppose, fast enough to feel it
C. You're just VERY lucky

I'm tired of sitting here trying to decide how I'm going to go about fixing my own when I realize Suzuki should be doing it for free for every single one of us because make no mistake, this is a potentially-dangerous defect. Add bigger tires and it only gets worse. So, I ask you to please leave your first and last name, location (with zip code) and phone number. If you know people with Kings, please leave their information as well, but make sure you tell them about it so they would be ready in the event that they actually were contacted by Suzuki. Now, I'm sure they'll give me the run-around, but don't you think it would be interesting to at least see their response to a legitimate list of people numbering in perhaps a hundred or more all claiming they are having the same problem with their KingQuad? Even if you've already corrected your caster problem, it would be nice if you would pitch in anyway. I'm going to post this on each forum I can access where King owners are present and I hope you do the same. I will allow a fair amount of time to gather references before I send the e-mail to American Suzuki. I'm hoping for a response at least equalling, hopefully surpassing, the "lag fix" outcry we put together. So, please leave something similar to the following, and thanks a lot to all those who participate:

Aaron Lorton - Greenville, IL 62246 - (618)664-1261

Old 05-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki KingQuad Owners: Please Sign Up!

Very good idea RedGoblin. I will try and bump this up for you. I hope some people sign up, but im sure you know why some people on here have not? You know people are very skeptical about leaving their name and address on the internet. Its just not safe anymore. I still hope it works out for you. I have alot of respect for the KQ and i hope the "lag" is taken care of, and any other inconveniences there are.
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
on ITP Type 5 Wheels
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350
Sold