Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

I think I may make the switch...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I may make the switch...

I do not have a Dyna CDI on my bike. I just got it in the mail and have not actually put it on. LOL!

You brought up the speed of the bikes by saying the KQ700 was faster than the BF650 and now you are saying "it is a ute and you wouldn't race it anyways; who cares?" That's funny. Stick to your guns next time you have to debate some one.

I am not saying the KQ is a bad bike to trade for the BF750, but if you like the Kawies don't let the BF750's poor trail manners turn you away. The BF650i is a totaly different bike and is definatly worth taking a look at before you decide on the KQ for sure. It has the same great V-Twin power that hooks people along with more mannered handling.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Brute23
I do not have a Dyna CDI on my bike. I just got it in the mail and have not actually put it on. LOL!

You brought up the speed of the bikes by saying the KQ700 was faster than the BF650 and now you are saying "it is a ute and you wouldn't race it anyways; who cares?" That's funny. Stick to your guns next time you have to debate some one.

I am not saying the KQ is a bad bike to trade for the BF750, but if you like the Kawies don't let the BF750's poor trail manners turn you away. The BF650i is a totaly different bike and is definatly worth taking a look at before you decide on the KQ for sure. It has the same great V-Twin power that hooks people along with more mannered handling.
I said -- "if I have a "need for speed" I don't ride my 600lb ute I get out my YZ 250."
I did not say-- "it is a ute and you wouldn't race it anyways; who cares?" Now that's funny!!

Even if the BF 650 is faster(which I still don't believe) it can't be even a bike length in a drag.. so let's see for the same price---a bike lengh with the 650, or EFI, 50% better mpg, simple cold starts, better handling etc... with the KQ..hmmmm.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

I would imagine an sra machine would handle better than an irs. its plain irs can not slide and take coroners and it wasnt meant to it was meant to provide a good cushy ride and great ground clerance. no to mention the V- twins have more power to be unlocked then in a single even if the single has efi.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

on a rough trail the SRA will not keep up with IRS. i guess it depends on your local trail system.
when i was looking i had it narrowed down to the KQ and the 650i. the deciding factors really were not anything to do with the atv performance, but dealer, the fact that i have wanted Kawi v-twin since the '02 Prarie, and i wanted something different than everyone else.

but lets get real here. the only performance difference between these atvs will only be on a contest designed to expoit one machines strengths and another's weakness. if you put all of these machines in a group and head up a trail nobody is gonna fall behind because of the machine won't make it where another will. it will be the riders that make the difference more than the machines.

so, look at the local dealers when shopping, what your friends have (if you want the same or if you want something different), how the atv feels when you set on it, what you can get a deal on, what color you want, do you think of EFI as a good thing, ect... if you have a preference , go with it, not what the paper numbers say.

monty

Old 06-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

I would just put some 1" wheel spacers on the brute. If that was'nt enough, I would change suspension. Even if you have to change sus. you will still come out cheaper than trading. Cause you know they will burn you a knew one when you trade. Besides, you will still have the power of the 750!!!! Thats my poinion. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Umm, my advise to the original poster, is to wait until all 07 models are annoucned from each brand. They wont be out for sale for a while, but you'll be able to see what everyone has to offer for 2007 by the end of this month. Polaris will DEFINATLY have 3 or 4 new models, i suspect Yamaha will have 3 or 4, Honda will improve what it already has, and will maybe release 1 new model, Suzuki, not sure but possibly some suprises there, Bomb and Kawi already announced theres and nothings changed 'cept Bomb offers the 500 EFi, and i think Arctic Cat will stay the same, because they just released the 700EFi at the end of the 2006 model year, but who knows, so yeah, i would say hold on to your patience just a little while longer, and then choose from the '07 models, which could possibly be, by far, the greatest year for ATV's. Or when '07s come out, get a great deal on an '06! GooD Luck
----------------------------
2004 Polaris Sportsman 700 (Green)
'27 ITP 589 M/S Tires
on ITP Type 5 Wheels
3000 lb. Warn Winch
3-Way Headlight Mod
High Lifter Lift Kit

2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 Mossy Oak - STOLEN
2001 Honda Rancher ES 350
Sold

Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Montyh Didn't you post on the HL forum that you beat a KQ700EFI on your BF650i?

Old 06-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

Haven't read the entire post yet but i figure i'd go ahead and post this...

I recently purchased some works shocks with res's used from a guy and i have to say that i have ridden with king quads and switched with them and noticed the same thing as you. They ride and handle alot better than the brute but in the end the brutes a power house compared to the king quad and has more ground clearance and now finally i have the best of both worlds. My brute handles 10x better easy and no longer after a long hard days ride is my body sore... The body roll is GONE... the rear end slides with no problem and its just a blast to drive!

I'm not sure exactly how much these cost new but i know they're in the 800-1200 range which is high but you'll lose that trading yours in plus you'll lose the power as well.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah I guess you could pay 800-1200 for shocks..but then you'd have to ask yourself this--
"Should I just spend about the same $ in the end and get the Bomb 800 that is quite a bit more powerful than the BF 750 that already has great handling and suspension."

Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
Yeah I guess you could pay 800-1200 for shocks..but then you'd have to ask yourself this--
"Should I just spend about the same $ in the end and get the Bomb 800 that is quite a bit more powerful than the BF 750 that already has great handling and suspension."

With no true locker and low ground clearance that can't be lifted.

and just like to say that i didn't have to much of a problem with my brute after i put new tires on it but for the deal i got on the shocks i would be dumb to pass it up and i could definatly see after putting them on where they are highly worth what you get.

Quick Reply: I think I may make the switch...