Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Who wanted a good sport/ute but couldn't find one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who wanted a good sport/ute but couldn't find one?

Yes...I agree...Kawi badges its brute 650 under a sport ute catagory....that is a nice quad but not what I was looking for in a sport/ute....I would like to see somthing like the old wolvy...but not use the kodiak engine/trans.....leave the part sharing to quads that kick a$$ like raptor/yzf450.....it does need to have alot of power and ability to jump.....I'm talking about a quad to use in 4-seasons on open trails/woods/hills ect...

Old 06-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

They should drop a front drive in the Polaris Outlaw! That would be cool if they could keep it under 500lbs!

Old 06-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: squeege
Yes...I agree...Kawi badges its brute 650 under a sport ute catagory....that is a nice quad but not what I was looking for in a sport/ute....I would like to see somthing like the old wolvy...but not use the kodiak engine/trans.....leave the part sharing to quads that kick a$$ like raptor/yzf450.....it does need to have alot of power and ability to jump.....I'm talking about a quad to use in 4-seasons on open trails/woods/hills ect...
I understand your point, except for the 4 seasons. I use mine all year round on every type of terrain arround. Its just not a jumper(although ive proved that wrong a couple times, risking the possibility of an expensive mistake!) and it wont keep up with a sport on woops.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sign me up Squeege, the Ranagade is everything I ever wanted in a quad I am just short $4000 I wish other manufactures would come out with something comparable. I think the reason te renagade is so high priced is it is one of a kind for now. Throw some competition on the market and hopefully the price will drop.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And, the Canadian dollar is strong right now, so you are going to pay through the nose!

Seriously folks, do you really want to ride around on a 600 pound Renegade (same weight as a Japanese big bore utility!) ???? What's sporty about that??? And what's sporty about an automatic transmission? I can't imagine for even a moment, what they were thinking when they designed that thing...........

I just have a mental block, anytime I think about this thing!

I may have a mental block, but some manufacturers (Can-Am, Polaris, and A Cat), seem to have a mental block when it comes to conceptualizing a light machine........

Old 06-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Polaris and Cat make utility machines. Who wants a to try and pull a 1000 lb trailer with a 400lb quad?? Its not going to happen! There was no mental block, they made them heavy for a reason. Thats why they are known for rugged, durable, work horses. If you want a sport, get a sport.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

v2rider-Over and over again, you just don't get it, do you! The majority of riders out there are just casual recreational trail riders, who migh like to have 4X4 in case they get into trouble out there. How many riders out there actually need to haul 1000 pounds? Just a small handfull. How many of you are planning to haul 1000 pounds with your Renegade???? Probably absolutely nobody!

You may personally have special needs for a ridiculous huge tank, but very very few other people actually do. Yet, that is primarily what the very uncreative manufacturers have to offer the average rider. It's just like Detroit building huge, ridiculous cars in the 60's, and this is where the manufacturers waste their R&D efforts.........on machines that are overkill for most of us.

This sticks the average rider on a machine that is to large and to heavy for his needs or riding abilities, and therefore more DANGEROUS than a lighter, smaller, better handling machine.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

Right on reconranger!!!!!!!! I agree TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Reconranger, you make it sound as if AC and Polaris made their machine heavy by accident,calling it a mental block, when in fact it was on purpose. They new very well they would be heavy utility machines. I never said we shouldnt have a lighter sport utility, but we dont. Except for the fact you could get a scrambler, which is a light 4x4, made by Polaris. And it seams as if they were still leaning toward utility with the 600lb Renegade, which is perfectly capable of towing 1,000lb trailers. I completely understand what your waiting for, mabey an EX with 4x4? That would be sweet, i have to admit. A fast little trail rider, with the capability to get you out of unseen mud or rough terrain.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
Reconranger, you make it sound as if AC and Polaris made their machine heavy by accident,calling it a mental block, when in fact it was on purpose. They new very well they would be heavy utility machines. I never said we shouldnt have a lighter sport utility, but we dont. Except for the fact you could get a scrambler, which is a light 4x4, made by Polaris. And it seams as if they were still leaning toward utility with the 600lb Renegade, which is perfectly capable of towing 1,000lb trailers. I completely understand what your waiting for, mabey an EX with 4x4? That would be sweet, i have to admit. A fast little trail rider, with the capability to get you out of unseen mud or rough terrain.
EX with 4x4......not bad

Quick Reply: Who wanted a good sport/ute but couldn't find one?