Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Mountain Climbing ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountain Climbing ATV's

I don't have to make up stories; my friends and I know what I have done. If you would like to call and verify for yourself I can PM you with numbers of witnesses who were there.
Maybe just maybe it's true but you wouldn't believe it because then you would have to admit that it's a superior machine for hillclimbing.
How about you or someone on this tread meet me there and watch for yourself, PM me if you are serious so we can make arrangements in the fall. The hillclimb is in Otis Mass.

Just for your info I ride Trials. Race motocross (currently NEMX Vet Points leader) and race GNCC's. If you don't believe that I will send that info also. My point is as tough as that mountain was to climb some of the other offroading activites I do are tougher and more dangerous.

I,ll rant again I am not brand loyal I currently own what IMO are some of the best machines in there categories.
I get to try all machines because of my two dealer friends.
Toybox
2006 YZ450F LE My motocross weapon of choice.
2006 Outlander 800 XT. My GNCC racer.
2006 Ski- Doo MXz-X 600 SDI. Only snowboblied 4 times but what power those sleds have.
2005 Gas-Gas 280 Trials bike. My Extreme playbike.
2004 Outlander 400. Girlfriends machine and my back-up ATV.
2001 Kawasaki KX 100. Girlfriends bike and my stunt bike.
2000 Ski Nautique ski boat. I use it for wakeboarding now.

To many other machines in my past to list.

V-2 you must be in denial if you think your AC is stable for extreme climbing, it is probably the worst, anyone honest who has driven one can attest to it.

That said it is great for other types of ATVing, comfortable cruising, mudbogging, great racks system and great for utility uses.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Give me a break, here we go again with a far fetched story about how outty can do it, and nobody else can.
<<<<<<<<<<<&lt ;

You read about this kind of stuff all the time, my YFZ blew the doors off of a 450R etc...This poster seems pretty knowledgable and has quite a few atv's to his credit to draw what would seem to be a fairly honest conclusion. I had an Outlander 330 that would go ANYWHERE and NEVER missed a start. I was reluctant to sell it but want an Outlander 650 or Renegade (leaning more toward the 650 now though). It wasn't the fastest but no matter how steep the hill was the engine never seemed to top out it just kept going.

Old 06-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Trailblazer

I don't think outty's are worth the extra it takes to buy one, I'm not a professional rider so i'll stick with my 450 kodiak, and i'll bet I won't be that far behind. JUst ask my friends. I'll give you all their phone numbers if you want to verify this information.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think outty's are worth the extra it takes to buy one, I'm not a professional rider so i'll stick with my 450 kodiak, and i'll bet I won't be that far behind. JUst ask my friends. I'll give you all their phone numbers if you want to verify this information.>>>>>>>>>

How much is a new Kodiak??

Old 06-15-2006, 08:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mclach
I don't think outty's are worth the extra it takes to buy one, I'm not a professional rider so i'll stick with my 450 kodiak, and i'll bet I won't be that far behind. JUst ask my friends. I'll give you all their phone numbers if you want to verify this information.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LMAO!!!!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

I live way up here in Canada so my price will be alot higher than US. I think it was 8400. including camo, and winch. The outty's where starting at around 11,000 I think. Not worth the extra for me. Besides the outty's weigh a lot more and suck more gas. Yep I'm sure I don't need an outty.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I live way up here in Canada so my price will be alot higher than US. I think it was 8400. including camo, and winch. The outty's where starting at around 11,000 I think. Not worth the extra for me. Besides the outty's weigh a lot more and suck more gas. Yep I'm sure I don't need an outty.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

<sigh>

Kodiak 450----591 lbs
Outie 400----- 600 lbs
Kodiak 450 MSRP 6200<conversion rate is the same for Yamaha as BRP, take it up with your dealer)
Outie 400 MSRP 6100
Kodiak 429 cc's.....bigger motor = more gass
Outie 400 cc's.........smaller motor=less gass

WHAT WAS YOUR POINT AGAIN? GEEZ, I hate to confuse people with actual FACTS!

BTW, compare the IRS and 4WD systems of the two.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: raidermike67

Kodiak 429 cc's.....bigger motor = more gass
Outie 400 cc's.........smaller motor=less gass
Not always, my dad's V6 buick gets a lot better mpg on the highway then my 4 cylinder Capri.

Also, you are talking only a 7% cc difference in the motors, that isn't very much.

NOTE: I am not sayign the Kodiak is better on the gas or anything, just stating that "bigger" engines don't always save on fuel.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Not always, my dad's V6 buick gets a lot better mpg on the highway then my 4 cylinder Capri.
>>>>>>>>>>>

What year capri? 1800 or 2000 cc's, carb, etc.

What year Buick? EFI? CC's?

I had a 1971<?> Capri, it was the predecessor to the Pinto.........in fact I'm pretty sure it was a Pinto in Capri clothing.

Old 06-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I got to agree with Mdog. The 400 Outlander will undoubtly go up a steeper hill that either of the 650 Artic Cats. The outlander is almost 3 inches lower and almost the same wheel base, this puts its center of gravity lower, which determines how steep a hill you can go up. If you want to go up very steep hills, you do not want a high quad like a AC. These quads are better for going over big rocks, logs and mudding. The lower CG quads are better for steep hills.
Bryce

Quick Reply: Mountain Climbing ATV's