Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

ATV Alarm systems??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Alarm systems??

Does anyone own one of these? I keep spending money on upgrades(around 1300 dollars so far) and just ordered an alarm. Is this silly? I just cant imagine losing all this work to some as*hole thief

Old 06-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

yup...but I saw`some on ebay better than mine....if you like remote start n' stuff

Quad$6700+rims/tires$500+plow$300+dynojetkit$60+twinairfilter+30+ gpsmount$25+2winches$230+fenderflares$130+security system$130=$8105

ooh yeah that $250 brainbucket

now I could tack on installation and such.... gets a little crazy add'n it up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Let me know how you like it, I was thinking of getting one when I get home from my deployment. I have a little extra cash and will be putting on the tires, and exhaust and was thinking about the alarm but not sure yet.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

The LED in the kit was broke so I got one from radioshack....It could be louder but the blinking LED kicks a$$....It will go off with a power inturruption or a shock/ bump to the quad....all in all not bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

I probably sounds dumb, but what I did was put one of those door **** alarms that you hang on a door ****. I hang it from my handle bars. If someone tries to move it the alarm sounds. Of course is works better if you cover the quad so they don't know that the alarm is easly disarmed. I use it only when I'm travling and stay at a hotel. $20

Old 06-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

NAHH that is a good idea....

Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally posted by: redmtn
I probably sounds dumb, but what I did was put one of those door **** alarms that you hang on a door ****. I hang it from my handle bars. If someone tries to move it the alarm sounds. Of course is works better if you cover the quad so they don't know that the alarm is easly disarmed. I use it only when I'm travling and stay at a hotel. $20
Only thing dumb about this idea is I didn't think of it. This would work on boats, quads, bikes, the list is endless. Thanks for posting this. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The one i ordered is from Ebay. It has remote start, Motor lock Technology, Led light, Adjustable sensitivity, headlight/audible alarm flashing, and some other features. It sounded like a good deal for 35 bucks, 9 dollars shipping.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: v2rider
The one i ordered is from Ebay. It has remote start, Motor lock Technology, Led light, Adjustable sensitivity, headlight/audible alarm flashing, and some other features. It sounded like a good deal for 35 bucks, 9 dollars shipping.
Do you have it on yet????

Old 06-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Catterman
Originally posted by: v2rider
Do you have it on yet????
It is supposed to be here anyday now! Why, do you need one also?

Quick Reply: ATV Alarm systems??