Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Got My Insurance policy today, Peace of mind

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got My Insurance policy today, Peace of mind

For 165.00 bucks a year it really gives me peace of mind that it's covered no matter what. I have seen lots of pics of crash, rolled ect quad pics in these forums and if it was my quad (Very hard to get and afford) that was crashed the first pic would have been of my friends prying my crying, balling, sniveling body away from the wreckage.
So anyway I was happy to see that they actually have quad insurance for offroad coverage and at my home or in trasport.
If your quad came to you as hard as mine did you owe it to yourself for this low budget piece of mind. My brother will testify to that while he makes his third payment on his nearly totalled Arctic Cat. It's straight heart wrenching to me to see that.
Anyway I thought I would share that. Have a great Labor Day, ride safe, thank a Service Man for our freedom and let your family and friends know that you love them.

Calvin.................................I WANNA RIDE!

Old 08-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

The best $165.00 you will ever spend! Especially if some looser steals it. I had an EX stolen on April 18th. Theif and "helper were killed on the bike 2 months later. State Farm cut me a check with no hassles or problems.

Peace of mind is right.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I thought insurance for my quad was pretty reasonable, too, and clearly worth having.

My insurance place just does "Loss" coverage for off road vehicles, as opposed to collision and comprehensive. It covers crashes, theft, fire or whatever.

I also put some liability insurance on it. I figured it would be extremely unlikely that I'd harm someone else or their property, especially as a ute rider in the woods, but you never know, and it was really cheap.

Putting a lot of medical coverage on one would be really expensive, but I should be covered in my normal medical insurance.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Theif and "helper" were killed on the bike 2 months later.
"Stupid poetic justice" -Homer Simson.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider

Considering new ATVs are nearly hitting the 10 grand mark and surpassing it given a few simple aftermarket modifications insurance is a no brainer these days. I can't think of a worse feeling of walking out to your garage and seeing your brand new ATV gone. That or seeing it a crumpled charred fiery smoking ball of wreckage at the bottom of a hill while you are gingerly pulling the handlebars from your nether regions.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Trailblazer

From somone who is in the process of clearing a loan for a brand new outty(totalled), I can assure you, spending 164bucks a year to cover "stupid driver syndrom" is well worth it. It wasn't but 3weeks ago I had that "heart in my throat" feeling seeing that big green crumpled heap layin there. I didn't even have a full tank of gas through it yet. purchasing these new quads is more like buying a new car anymore. In fact, I have a lot of friends who spent less on their cars than i did the Outty. As I'm finding out though, atv insurance is not going to pay off the loan, just the cost of the machine. That leaves warrenty and mark-up(freight/build/prep), up to the owner. Not to mention premium going up after a total claim. It ain't cheap, but it's better than the alternative. Ride safe, make others ride safer and make sure guest riders have cash to pay for "stupid driver syndrom", before they get on your machine.

TR

Old 08-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

Sorry to hear about you loss Brother.
Stories like that chock me up everytime. Same way 3 weeks ago when my own brother rolled up from Gorman and his son riding while being stupid but thought he was well seasoned totalled Bros 04 AC in a wash in Hungry Vally.
Im am to old to care if anyone see's tears running down my cheeks. Only because i know what it took to get mine, LOTS OF BALL BUSTING WORK!