Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

The brute force LEMON!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:54 PM
RO
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The brute force LEMON!!!!!!!

Kawasaki builds lemons, I now own a brute force (Brand New!) USED 1hr that went to the shop cause it was backfiring, that has the whole top end of the motor out of it. The top of the piston and head look like a beaver chewed on it! Called kawa blew me off, told me they will fix the atv (whatever parts are broken) not the metal shavings that have made it to the bottom of the motor!!!!!!!!!!! That is all they are willing to do! My personal mission is now to make sure that Kawa has a hard time selling, since they do not stand behind there products(which the nice gentalmen on the phone who laughed at me becuase I asked him to extend the motor warranty)said we do stand behind it, were fixing it! I made the mistake of saying it's brand new take it back or give me my money back(more laughter)!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

I happen to think they are big piles of crap. I sold mine with only 300 miles on it

Old 09-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well, Kawa never did that to me. Just don't come around here bashing kawa for your problem. They didn't do it on purpose. Yeah, I would be pissed too if I bought a brand new brute, but it is not the end of the world. They will fix the problem. It isn't that hard to take the bottem end apart and get the metal shaving out..... I would do it for you for free if I still lived in Georgia!!

Z

Old 09-08-2006, 12:20 AM
RO
Weekend Warrior

You know there is always someone who is going to step up, and say don't bash this company! but until you are the one with 1hr of ,and close to $7000.00 out of pocket, it's kind of hard to feel the same way!!!!!! If there is anyone who knows the local rep, or his email address can they please post it (becuase you would think he would want to make it right)

Old 09-08-2006, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

You should get a brand new motor (complete) at the very least at the manufacturer's expense. Baseballroxmasox is missing the point. You shouldn't have to clean metal shavings out of a motor after an hour of use regardless of how easy it is to do. Kawasaki deserves to be bashed if that story is true. If I bought a new car and it was delivered with a big pile of poop on the driver's seat, I'd demand a different car. It might be easy to clean the seat off but I don't want it at that point.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:47 AM
RO
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply(please check out the kawa thread I'm getting bashed as we speak) I'm no longer going to reply, but I wanted to warn others. Kawa said new motor no, extended warranty on motor no, anything at all no, and I asked really nice!!!!!!!!! Then I didn't ask nice anymore so I wouldn't be a pushover and they said were going to end the phone conversation.

Old 09-08-2006, 04:45 AM
Pro Rider

Time to check into the lemon laws of your state. It would be worth the time and money to sit down with an attorney to see what your options are with regards to getting your money back. Not to sound harsh or to put too fine of a point on it and I'm trying to be helpful here but – it's going to be a lot more productive than running around bitching about it all over the internet. Get on the phone first thing tomorrow morning with your lawyer and get the ball rolling and find out where you stand legally. Personally I'd want rid of the thing and my money back and I'd pay a lawyer to get it for me.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Range Rover

if i were you i might try the dealer he should be going to kawi and doing the fight you might even try leaving shavings in the oil and take it back when the whole thing blows!

Old 09-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

If your dealer works for you, instead of for Kawasaki, you should get the bottom end cleaned out as part of the warranty coverage. I personally think Kawasaki is awesome when it comes to warranty coverage. Case in point: I had a 2005 Kawasaki Prairie700 that I had owned for almost six months when I decided to install a Four Stroke Tech 800cc big bore kit, which included new cylinder sleeves, cams, valves, porting, pistons, etc. I had the dealer install it for me, and then took it out and broke it in nice and gentle like. On the third ride the motor quit with a bang, and after getting towed to the truck I took it back to the dealer. My warranty had expired two weeks before the motor broke, but the dealer repaired it for free (It was a broken cam chain). Being as it was still within the calender month that my warranty had expired in, Kawasaki paid for the repairs under warranty, and it cost me nothing at all. So the moral of the story is ... FIND A GOOD DEALER! Seriously, people always come on here with questions about should I buy a Grizzly or a Outlander or a Rincon? The correct answer is: buy from the best dealer in your area.

DV

Old 09-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to my friend's BF as well... I think he had 20hrs on his... He had to pay for it... somethin like $1500 or so... (I think he was at 6mo 10 days, so he was past waranty)

Quick Reply: The brute force LEMON!!!!!!!