Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007 | 11:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Originally posted by: BlastFeem
I would love to see the guys riding these KQ's that cant steer them or have all the problems with the steering.. Or better yet I like to ride one that is suppose to have the bad steering
I cant believe all the problems i have read about this on other websites. Maybe I got lucky with mine? Hell I think mine steers like pwr steering (other than when its in diff lock) but how often do you use
difflock? I dont, havnt really needed it. Going fast, up hill down hill, over rocks etc havnt had the bars ripped out of my hands yet.
Then again i have pythons for arms.. lol
I know what you mean, the King steers very easy, which is easier on the arms and shoulders. The only problem I've had with the steering is the fact that it feels a bit twichy in comparison to my Polaris, but it's not as much of a problem as some have made it out to be. As for the handlebars getting jerked out, I haven't had this occur, I personally think that this is caused more from a combination of unusually rough terrain and maybe rider error going to fast for the type of terrain they're driving on. You can't expect the handlebars of anything without power steering to not move when you snag a log or rock, people need to use caution when going over uneven rough terrain.

Old 01-14-2007 | 12:05 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
Originally posted by: BlastFeem
I would love to see the guys riding these KQ's that cant steer them or have all the problems with the steering.. Or better yet I like to ride one that is suppose to have the bad steering
I cant believe all the problems i have read about this on other websites. Maybe I got lucky with mine? Hell I think mine steers like pwr steering (other than when its in diff lock) but how often do you use
difflock? I dont, havnt really needed it. Going fast, up hill down hill, over rocks etc havnt had the bars ripped out of my hands yet.
Then again i have pythons for arms.. lol
I know what you mean, the King steers very easy, which is easier on the arms and shoulders. The only problem I've had with the steering is the fact that it feels a bit twichy in comparison to my Polaris, but it's not as much of a problem as some have made it out to be. As for the handlebars getting jerked out, I haven't had this occur, I personally think that this is caused more from a combination of unusually rough terrain and maybe rider error going to fast for the type of terrain they're driving on. You can't expect the handlebars of anything without power steering to not move when you snag a log or rock, people need to use caution when going over uneven rough terrain.

Yeah, anyone who drives over a log or large rock of some sort, and gets the bars jerked ( which I think most people exaggerate over anyways ), and then complains about it, needs to step off the ATV.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2007 | 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

I do not have pythons......I have earthworms!

Old 01-14-2007 | 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

yea right! lumber jack.. i believe that..

Old 07-25-2007 | 07:33 PM
Trailblazer

As a 05 King and buddy as 05 Grizzly I would say go for the Grizzly with the power Steering as long as your dont ride in water. Buddies Grizzly has been pulled back every trip to Hatfield Mccoy. And since we been talking to people all the grizzs have that problem we keep hearing different reasons. As far as how fast I would not worry about that they are about equal he gets me a little if you are looking for fastest for some odd reason I guess you ride on dirt roads go with the renegade other buddy has outlander 650 and he runs away from us

Old 07-26-2007 | 06:23 PM
Range Rover

So what is the reasons you are hearing that the grizzlies need to be pulled back?. I've taken mine in lots of mud and water up over the wheels and had no problems what so ever.

Old 07-26-2007 | 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

Hears a video that wTextking trying to pull sledas taken in wallace ID. last week it shows how weak the King is in a pulling contest.The big red outty is mine the video is poor but it only my second try.Text try this">http://s126.photobucket.com/al...urrent=6cf03e3b.flv[/F</a>

Old 07-26-2007 | 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eisel34

As a 05 King and buddy as 05 Grizzly I would say go for the Grizzly with the power Steering as long as your dont ride in water. Buddies Grizzly has been pulled back every trip to Hatfield Mccoy. And since we been talking to people all the grizzs have that problem we keep hearing different reasons. As far as how fast I would not worry about that they are about equal he gets me a little if you are looking for fastest for some odd reason I guess you ride on dirt roads go with the renegade other buddy has outlander 650 and he runs away from us</end quote></div>

A king 700 with the new VDI copperhead ecu can beat a Outty 650 in a drag, a guy on nyroc's forum said he won first place in a local atv drag race(which included beating a outty 650, bf 650, etc..) it turns the king into a much faster atv.

Old 08-18-2007 | 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

I have an 07 king 700 and wouldnt trade it for a grizzly 700. My buddy has the new one with eps it steers so lightly that it actually makes it feel out of control. I guess its alright if you are old and weak but for me i dont see the need. One place top speed comes in handy is when you are running from the police which i have had to do several times and I will leave my buddy in the dust. He has acceleration but i have top end. other than that i dont usually go much faster thatn 40mph here and there. But i am young and like to travel fast lol.

Old 08-23-2007 | 04:00 AM
Trailblazer

The griz 700 top speed is anywhere from 64-68mph. I have ran 3 different ones and the fastest was 68 down hill. The king qaud not even broken in was at 72 mph. I have been out ran by the KQ everytime, the griz is a bit faster at start

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????