Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

If I was in the market right now I wouldn't consider another King Quad or the Grizzly. I'd have to go with a BF 750 or Outty 800 simply b/c IMO the King's power is just okay for a 700cc machine, where the BF 750 and 800 are in another league. I'd get a BF 750 just b/c it's one of the big four jap brands. But the King's power should get MUCH better after VDI releases their ECU though, b/c it's a dog down low with the severe stock detune.

The need for more power isn't b/c I want more speed, it's b/c I want more low end torque to keep the tires spinning in the mud and snow.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

i c.. well we can go thru this power thing all day.. again big power is good in certain places. i just know from my experiences.. that ive blown off several more powerful quads racing in the woods. again its the rider. and as said earlier. PREFERENCE. im not bashing any of them. its just on here. all u ever seem to hear. is how fast is it. whats the top speed. on a ute.. i still think its funny. just like the good old yfz 450 or suzuki.. there both fast. but u can get a rider on a ex 300 or 400 and smoke both the fast quads. guess im just getting down to, yes the big ones there have more power. there faster. but that does not always put them in the lead. thats why racing is so much fun. u can have an underdog quad. but yet still come out on top. i look more into riding technique. and set up i guess. rather then just who has the most power. we could make a bus fly with a big enough engine. just like the old f4 phantoms in vietnam. they thought u could make any thing fast with a big enough engine.. or should i say engines. it was one bad mamma jamma!!! but there were some less powerful planes. that gave the old girl a run for her money.. and again that came down to pilots! SEMPER FI carry on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FITSofRAGE
i c.. well we can go thru this power thing all day.. again big power is good in certain places. i just know from my experiences.. that ive blown off several more powerful quads racing in the woods. again its the rider. and as said earlier. PREFERENCE. im not bashing any of them. its just on here. all u ever seem to hear. is how fast is it. whats the top speed. on a ute.. i still think its funny. just like the good old yfz 450 or suzuki.. there both fast. but u can get a rider on a ex 300 or 400 and smoke both the fast quads. guess im just getting down to, yes the big ones there have more power. there faster. but that does not always put them in the lead. thats why racing is so much fun. u can have an underdog quad. but yet still come out on top. i look more into riding technique. and set up i guess. rather then just who has the most power. we could make a bus fly with a big enough engine. just like the old f4 phantoms in vietnam. they thought u could make any thing fast with a big enough engine.. or should i say engines. it was one bad mamma jamma!!! but there were some less powerful planes. that gave the old girl a run for her money.. and again that came down to pilots! SEMPER FI carry on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yeah I understand what your saying. I've seen the KQ beat outlanders on ESPN 2 when they have the ATV racing, the guy that drives the King makes the King look like a yz 450. The Arctic Cats won a few times as well, that tells you all these big bores have their advantages. I think I'm just aggrevated that my King 700's power was neutered so much from the factory on the low end, but once that's fixed with VDI's ECU, I'll be happy.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

im sure theres alot u could do to it. dohc engine. theres pistons. cams, pipes. porting polishing. so many mods u can do to any. ill bet u can get some big power out of ur king. that engine has alot of potential. both kings my friends have. run pretty darn strong. and there stock.. so many mods. so much money. so little time. but theres always somthing to do to get power. so dont give up. just hang in there. you will get her up im sure..

Old 01-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, there's always something you can add to make it a better machine.. Though having a great machine to start with makes it easier! LOL

Old 01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

ditto[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: brpbear
I would get the Grizz for two reasons.One PS.two the Grizz is geared lower and doesn't lose as much power when you put larger tires on them or us it at higher altitude
I got 27 in tires on mine and only lost a little pwr out the hole other than that its fine... Put it in low and you cant even tell....

Old 01-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

I would love to see the guys riding these KQ's that cant steer them or have all the problems with the steering.. Or better yet I like to ride one that is suppose to have the bad steering
I cant believe all the problems i have read about this on other websites. Maybe I got lucky with mine? Hell I think mine steers like pwr steering (other than when its in diff lock) but how often do you use
difflock? I dont, havnt really needed it. Going fast, up hill down hill, over rocks etc havnt had the bars ripped out of my hands yet.
Then again i have pythons for arms.. lol

Old 01-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

I found myself saying that to myself many times.

I feel the EXACT way. It's never jerked out of my arms. Ever. Except one time it did, I hit a log..err..well tree..but I think that was on my 250 ex anyways.. lol.

I'd like to ride one of them too...

Old 01-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

ah yes pythons.. he he. hes telling u the truth. he has very big pythons for arms.. blast and instigater are brothers. and they both are very big fellas.. i dont think he has to worry about the bars being pulled from him. unless if he hits a tree head on. and then i hate to see the tree afterwards.. eeeekkkkk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
they dont need power steering. they are power steering..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????