Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which 07 ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 07 ATV

I have zero starting issues with mine. I bought it in early Feb. and had many cold days and it started within a second two everytime. My Grizzly also sits under a atv cover year round, you can't ride a garage, right!!! Many nights it was in the low teens, and had no problems with starting. One thing I always do is let the fuel pump completly prime before I hit the starter button, it only takes a second or two. That might help, don't know. I know there were some problems for some with the starting, but seemed to be resolved with the Yamahalube cold weather oil. I am switching to Amsoil 0w40 on the first oil change anyway, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Doh! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Ok.. Below as in 30 degress or less.... haha.. ok .. understood - I live in Mass .. so yeah I hear ya about snow/ using quad to plow.. .

Old 03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

I am switching to Amsoil 0w40 on the first oil change anyway, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Good choice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

@ captainskodiak

I would be parking it in the garage. How cold does it get where you are?

BTW thats a mighty sweet looking ride you have there.

This is the thread that is giving me cold feet on the Grizz.

Cold Start

Maybe it is just the oil. You would think however, that Yamaha would know better than anybody what oil to put in.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Range Rover
Default Which 07 ATV

Thanks for the compliment. It can get pretty cold, usually a few days around zero a year. Average around 25-30 November thru February.The old Kodiak I had never failed to start for me in 3 plus years of owning it. I had very good luck with it so I went with another Yamaha... zero problems and I treated it pretty bad. It was the first year for the new Kodiak when I bought it and worked out very well. It will get a work out the first week of May, a large group from the police and fire department are headed to Windrock in TN for a week. I will give a ride report and let you know how it did.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which 07 ATV

Its a shame you weren't coming down to Windrock on the 16th of May. A bunch of people from another forum are getting together there then. We could have all gotten together, If you didn't mind being around a bunch of Rincon owners. Your pic's of the overlook caught my attention.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Range Rover
Default Which 07 ATV

I ride with folks who have about everything you can think of. That first week worked the best with all going. We are gonna try to make a second trip in the fall, not sure of the date. Will probably buy the yearly pass. When we were there in 2005 it was so foggy that we couldn't see the windmills. It rained about 3 inches that week also, so trails like 12, 16, and 39 were extreme, but we still made it thru them, and had a great time in the rain.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

12 with alot of rain would get deep. 16 is starting to get a little nasty now. Its been getting alot of riders and its getting torn up pretty good. I still like it, its just bumpy.
Have you heard about Brimstone in Onieda TN? If you go to mudcon.com you can watch one of his videos from there. I haven't been yet. But am going this weekend. They say its got well over a hundred miles of trails also. Its in between Harlan and Windrock. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out. Its also a little closer to you.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
DS2
Range Rover
Default Which 07 ATV

I like the power of the Kawasaki and the stiffer suspension. As far as everything else, the Grizzly does it better. And I'm assuming the R&D on the motor is being done by the Raptor owners, as they will buy upgrades galore and report on how they worked. I can't comment on the KQ.

P.S.- doesn't the Renegade sound interesting.?. I've seen some videos of it performing and it's unbelievable.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

I have to vote Grizzley.

I have never had a real problem with any of my Yamaha products (everything but the new 06 wolvy is atleast 20years old) I figure that the 06 wolvy will probably last as long as my other Yamaha's have.