Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which 07 ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 07 ATV

Rinman... I have seen the Mudcon video of Brimstone. Let me know how you all like it compared to Windrock. We maybe can head over there in the fall when we are down there. Also yes 12 was VERY DEEP with that much rain. I thought my old Kodiak was gonna take a big drink of water but it didn't. The swiftness of the water was a little scary, maybe it will be a little drier this year. Closer than Windrock or Harlan would be great with the price of gas going back up again... never fails everytime we take a trip the gas is crazy high.

Old 03-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which 07 ATV

What about a polaris 800 with a lift and outlaw tires?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which 07 ATV

Originally posted by: CraZySteve
Well Lets see...

Then if your 05 is bad on the trails.. I doubt an 07 will make u happy either...

Personally I believe the Grizz 700 is the best of the 3 machines listed... my Brother in law as an 07' KQ700 and likes it but it is also heavier than a Grizz and is more thirsty. Again, personally... the Yamaha is a higher quality machine over the Zuk.
The 07 KQ 700 is 602lbs the 07 Grizz 700 is 600lbs. so i dont think weight should be a real issue..

Clubster.. either the KQ or the Grizz should make you happy. My 07 KQ has been trouble free so far, changed the stock tires to 27 ITP XTR's and didnt loose much bottom end. My friend has a 07 700 Grizz changed from stock to 26 Swamp Lites tires and lossed alot of bottom end(thats what he says)
As far as the KQ being more thirsty, I know I can get 75plus miles on mine and I run it hard on the trails.
Let us know what you decide. The bottom line is.. its your $$

Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

07' BF750
07' Grizzly 700
07' KQ 700

Of those three choices I would have to go with the Grizzly 700. Wasn't it Dirt Wheels Magazine that rated the Grizzly 700 first, and the King Quad 700 last in their shootout this year? I can't recall what knocked the King Quad so far down in the test, but with the Brute Force is was poor handling. The BF had lots of power, but it was tough to use it. The Grizzly was by far the best handling and easiest to ride big bore.

I put 27" ITP XTR's on my Grizzly 700, and it didn't make too much difference in power.

Good luck.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which 07 ATV

[quote]
Originally posted by: DesertViper
07' BF750
07' Grizzly 700
07' KQ 700

Of those three choices I would have to go with the Grizzly 700. Wasn't it Dirt Wheels Magazine that rated the Grizzly 700 first, and the King Quad 700 last in their shootout this year? I can't recall what knocked the King Quad so far down in the test, but with the Brute Force is was poor handling. The BF had lots of power, but it was tough to use it. The Grizzly was by far the best handling and easiest to ride big bore.

I think your right about that i have that issue around here somwhere. I would never base my quad purchase on what those magazines say. I remember them saying the KQ had poor engine braking, no low end power etc.. If I was to read that and take there word on it I would have never bought mine, I cant imagine anyone else would either.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which 07 ATV

My cousin just picked up the 07 700 Grizzly in the Ducks Unlimited Edition. he brought it over last night and I took it for a quick spin. I really liked it. I have no experience on the KQ or the BF but I am thinking of trading in my 99 Wolverine for one especially since the power Seems very easy to control and the power steering will help keep my wife on the trail with me longer.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Which 07 ATV

Grizzly 700 for sure. I have had no issues what so ever with cold starts. Plenty of below 0 days, Like captains said, let it prime. I have the moose plow setup and plowed my driveway this winter with no ill effects at all. Even putting in the winch was very easy now that they have the solenoid mount on the back of the winch plate. Now the thing that would make me buy the grizzly again is the EPS. If you are interested in easy to handle quads. I had the kodiak 450 and with ITP Mudlights was tough feedback. With the EPS, you can drive all day without a problem. Now What the EPS also was really good for, actually amazing was plowing the snow. I had it in 4x4 and didn't have to fight with the steering. Only issue I have is probably from bad dealer prep. That's getting the thing in and out of gear. Other then that, by far the best atv I have ever ridden. Fit and finish, quality. You can't go wrong with the grizzly. I have ridden most 4x4's out there. I do love the BF engine though. I have to say. But the complete package goes to the grizzly. Also, bear in mind you are asking this question in a Yamaha forum.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Which 07 ATV

Guys,

I appreciate all the input but I just happened to visit a CanAm dealership yesterday and really like the 800 Outlander. How would that be compared to the others I have mentioned. If money did not matter which one would you choose overall??

KQ700
Grizzly 700
Outlander 800
or something else?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

This is from personal experiance, so for the can-am riders plese don't think I'm trashing the brand. The Outlander in the riding that I have done ranked near the brute on the trails. Polaris does a class for dealers and I attended. They bring all the brands they compete against and everybody fills out an evaluation sheet on all the brands (including there own) Out of 18 riders in the class not one gave the Outlander high marks for the handling in the trails. It did however beat the brute force. The top three for everyone was the King Quad 700, The Polaris 800 and the Grizzly 700. (No particular order) The Outty is by far a straight line beast. In the big bore catagory There was Polaris, Canam, Suzuki, Artic Cat, Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

I got to ride a couple of ATVs this weekend I have really been wanting to get some (not enough) seat time on. Went on a little ride with some guys and got a chance to ride a new 700 Grizzly and one of the new 800 Polaris models with the new 4 wheel engine braking.

I was very, very impressed with the new Grizzly. It does live up to the hype some people have been giving it. No, it isn't as fast as an Outlander but it still runs pretty good I thought. Nothing earth shattering but adequate. What was very impressive was its performance on the trail. That was impressive. It handles great. Really great. The power steering is great especially when you have the diff locked and you're creeping along at slow speed in the woods crawling over logs and obstacles. The thing was a great performer on the trail. Wallowed around in the mud like a champ and crawled around in the timber effortlessly. I didn't want to get off of it.

The 800 Polaris was a pleasant surprise. It is one cushy and comfortable ride. It rides great. I think you could ride that thing all day without getting your backside sore. Just a great seat and it rides like a caddy. Best of all I got to take it down some steep hills. It is no longer the heart stopping experience it once was. Their new engine braking works quite well. It stuttered a bit a time or two but it was totally controllable and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Polaris now because of a lack of engine braking based on my riding so far. I was quite pleased. I do find the steering a bit heavy though compared with other machines. I feel like I have to horse the thing around so for me it doesn't handle quite as good as it could. I don't like the single brake. Power is adequate for a 760. I like the ride. Did I mention that?

It's a hard decision on what I would buy right now. I'm really torn. There are aspects to each I like.

I'd probably buy the Outlander if it wasn't for their front differential which isn't able to be locked. The more I ride the Outlander the more that visco-lock feature is shown to be unacceptable to my riding. It's constantly locking and unlocking. If they would have installed an over ride switch it would have been fine. I love the power obviously and I liked the way it handled but the front differential cripples it for my uses which are trail riding and slow speed technical woods riding

The Grizzly is great so far from the seat time I've had. I really liked it. I just wish it had a bit more power.

The Brute Force is a handling basket case. I don't want to spend thousands on new shocks to make it ridable. They're killer with good shocks though. One of the guys in the group has a BF with elkas and a hot rodded engine and it's as good as any stock factory machine.

Polaris 800 was a great riding machine. I really liked running around on it. I was very pleased with being able to descend hills with it without the back end going into hysterics. It also appears to be pretty durable. One of the guys in the group with an 800 (there were 2) hit a stump with his left front tire. It stopped his ATV and sorta knocked the whole thing backward and to the right and actually dislodged the stump a bit. The Polaris was apparently undamaged and continued the ride. I don't really like the actual seating position itself but boy is it ever comfortable. Like a caddy. I'd buy one now that they have engine braking.

Honda - they have no front lockers so I really can't consider them unfortunately. I'm a honda fan from way back but until they put lockers in I can't use them. They're crippled without them.

What would I buy right now? I would be really hard pressed not to buy the Grizzly. Truth is though that you really can't go wrong with any of them. They're all really good machines in their own right. In the end you have to put your butt on the seat and try them and see which you like best.