Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

New Ford commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ford commercial

I agree with your view on Engineers and I don't. For some Engineering disciplines, hands on experience is not required. However, for a lot of it, it is required. But when you see something that was done that was based on a less than perfect design, keep in mind that many times there were other factors that contributed to that. Namely, a certain profit margin that the suits required.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

yea its all about money. but they sure dont take into consideration the gys working on these piles...they make the big money. and are on some beach somewhere looking a women in bakinis. and people like me sweat working on this junk.. ah the life of a mechanic. u got to love it. there are many worse things to do. its all i know. so guess one day they will find my old skeleton hanging under a car. that is when my time is up..

Old 03-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

I was talking to the guy that runs the FORD dealership here and he said the factory employee's that make the Powerjoke (Navstar?) were on strike. Soon after they were forced back to work. So he joked around about how there is a bunch of factory employee's angry that dont give a **** and making the new Powerstoke motors. Is this what happen to the 6L? LOL

Old 03-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

hmmmm powerjoke.. i herd powerchoke. i will remember this one. i like that.. and where is instigater. he started this. and no chimeing in.. whats up with that.. he drives a gas dodge.. he rags on my quads. now lets see if he will rag on my truck.. hes got one too though. but its gas.. maybe i should rag him? hehehehe. i never knew about the strike thing.. id hate to have angry employees making my stuff. guess anything is possible.. INSTIGATER WHERE ARE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU????????

Old 03-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Alot of problems with the Dodge diesel is fuel, any water and it kill the pump and injectors. At least on the 6.0 Fords, they have two fuel filters. Dodge just has the one. In the end with designs, its not what the engineer wants, but what the bean counter tears down. Yeah, that new front end on the Ford is going to take some getting used too. For now I will keep my two F150's, two Mustang GT's and an old 89 Bronco that I am fixing to sell.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Man my 06 dodge 1500 hemi can only tow 8500 lbs. Luckily I buy those featherlight polaris sportsmans to tow around from here to there.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: trailbound
Man my 06 dodge 1500 hemi can only tow 8500 lbs. Luckily I buy those featherlight polaris sportsmans to tow around from here to there.
You have to ask for the tow special when you buy it. I bought my 03 Dodge 2wd, it could tow 10,500. It had the 4.8 V8. For some reason, it cost me an extra 4000 over the one that would tow 8500. I loved that truck except the gas milage. 2wd auto, and it got a whopping 13mpg, city or interstate. I had no gas leaks, and it ran like a rapped ape. They drive and ride like a Caddy if you can afford to run them that is.

Old 03-19-2007, 02:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 800TwinEFI: I was reading a issue of Popular Mechanics the other day where they were rating 1/2 ton trucks...1. Nisan Titan 2. Toyota 3. Chevy 4. Ford 5. Dodge

I never believe anything the rags have out now....They all seem to be sold out to the highest bidder, and over seas graft is a way of life that Americans haven't caught onto yet. Every auto, truck, or ATV rag out has always rated imports higher. I have a 91 Ford that I have thrashed the $hit out of, and after all these years have only replaced the usual stuff, (muffler, brake pads, etc,,,) no drive train parts at all. AC is always rated last, yet I've never had a problem w/mine, it's been rode hard by everyone from my 70 year old Dad to my teen age nephews. I've had it off the ground more times than the space shuttle, and have towed stuff it should never have been hooked up to. Yet, I've only had to do one minor shifter adjustment when new. The wonderful Honda motorcycle I bought new went threw an engine every 5,000 miles. I got ride of the POS after 15,000 miles and three engines.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Range Rover

I would have to agree with you that Arctic cat is always underrated, they make great machines, and dont get any credit. As for trucks, The new super duty looks awesome imo. The new toyota is the ugliest piece of **** I have ever seen. If I didnt have my ford I would get a nissan titan, they look pretty good.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

JEALOSY GETS YOU NOWHERE HAHAHA FORD RULES

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial