Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

New Ford commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ford commercial

sure ur not jealous of that big cummins turbo diesel.. cummins rules i believe.. hehehehhee. just joking. i like cummins and dodge.. but thats my choice. to each there own.. SEMPER FI CARRY ON!!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

Even the majority of Ford guys admit they would put a Cummins in their rig if they could get it to fit. Don't get me wrong...I like Ford. I would sure take a Ford over a Chevy for sure. But having owned:

1. 2002 F-350 with 7.3L PSD (I must admit I loved this truck)
2. 2001 F-250 with 7.3L PSD
3. 2000 F-150

The Dodge drives nicer than any of them by quite a long shot. Maybe a lot has changed since 2000 with the F-150...but when I had mine it was miserable for towing. Utterly miserable. I loved my F-150 until I towed with it. I have also owned

1. 2004 Dodge 2500 w/Cummins 600
2. 2002 Dodge 2500 w/Cummins 24v

The 2004 was a powerhouse. I can't imagine what the 2007 is like. It had way more power than I needed. And also drank a ton of fuel. That thing was a pig. At best, I might get 15-16 mpg on the highway.

The 2002 was the perfect balance for me. I get 22-24 mpg on a regular basis (that is stock..no chips or special filters...all factory). Has plenty of power. Maybe the 6.4 PSD will be a turning point for Ford. The truck has some cool features with the ladder coming out of the back of the truck. The new interior looks cool. But the front is uglier than hell.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Range Rover

The new f-150s are alot better for towing than the 2000 you had. They have better mirrors and more torque to get going. I would have to disagree with you that imo you can never have "to much power"

Old 03-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I sure love both my dodges. I've never had any trouble out of either of them. As for the comment about water???? I live in Utah, hot/cold, hot/cold, I've never had a water problem with my cummins. Fords poke at the box frame is at the chevys, Dodge doesn't run c channel.

Popular mechanics????? I check with road and track or car and driver before selecting a truck too!!!! I hear they rate the Honda truck a must have!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

If i wanted a cummin's i would buy a tractor...JK Cummins is a well reliable motor.

Only if GM/Cummins/Allison would team up!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Chevy is for old men [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

However, you have one hell of a setup there and have destroyed my chances of poking any fun at you.

Old 03-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well, well ,well I haven't checked this thread out sisnce I strated it. I was simply making refernce about one ex-member and his "Cheap C-channel" comments. But, since I've got the party started, I guess I'll throw my opinion in. First of all I like gas engines. For several reasons. Diesels are too noisy, Diesel fuel nozzles at gas stations are so messy, you have to step around diesel spills when fueling or go ahead and step in it and track it into the truck, less vehicle exhaust smell. That about sums it up, I like the guys that LOVE their diesels b/c better fuel mileage. With a gallon of fuel costing more are you really saving? We should think of miles per dollar, not miles per gallon! Anyway, my last occupation was a heavy truck mechanic, so I do have some diesel maintenance back ground, and just like the window stickers say, I'd rather be Cummin then Strokin'

Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

There is no comparison giant russian man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I have seen your videos. It's like a polar bear riding a popo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Those are good (the videos). Some of the best I have ever seen on this site. Anyway...

1. Resale value is WAY higher on a diesel truck.

2. Diesel trucks will far out last any gas truck with correct care. 400,000 miles is common. There people reporting a 1,000,000 miles on a original engine. I'll find the link if need be. But I know several people with over 500,000 miles. Original engine. Try that on a gas truck. Not likely.

3. Perhaps the fuel is a wash. Better mileage but costs more. Fair enough.

4. Power. No gas truck will ever measure up to diesel ever. Period. I can out pull and outlast any V-10 any day of the week. And that is stock. Throw in a powerchip and my mileage gets even better and my power increases even more.

5. I can run environmental friendly fuels that are good for economy that smell great! Ever smell biodiesel? It's too expensive right now...but the price will come down. And my diesel truck will be even more valuable when it does.

6. The smell and sound is largely a thing of the past. You can get a Duramax and not hear a thing. It's not any louder than your gas truck. And you won't smell anything either. Frankly I like the noise and the smell. But you get so you do when you are used to it. The smell of diesel reminds me of going home after work. Or doing something fun.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Throw in a powerchip and my mileage gets even better and my power increases even more.
Care to explain how putting more fuel in a diesel engine will give beter mileage?

Old 03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Its not just the cost of fuel, but the cost of maintance that high. In our shop, a 6.0 oil change is like 94 bucks now. Thats every 5000 miles. Every 15000 miles, throw in about 200 more for fuel and air filters. Had an 04 powerstroke, loved it, but I just don't tow even for the cost. I have a 05 5.4 F150 now. Its a whole lot cheaper to operate and pulls my trailer fine. I just miss pulling my travel trailer at 80mph with the pstroke, now I go 65. Oh, that new powerstroke is very quite. Also, I heard the biodiesel smells like french fries. If so, that would always make me hungry.

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial