Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

New Ford commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ford commercial

I about crapped last night, when I saw a new commercial for F-150's. I was laughing very hard when, they were talking about a "fully boxed frame" versus my cheap C-channel. I wonder if Moto got the marketing job over at Ford!

Old 03-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Pro Rider

hmmm that could be. guess they never looked at the frame under a 3/4 or 1 ton dodge. my frame looks quite massive. the frame under ur dads 1/2 ton looks quite tough. for that fact i dont remember a chevy frame failing. u know how ford is. but remember the bolts that hold the box on are sooo strong u can lift the truck just by the box. ive always wanted to do that. lift my truck by the box. i just keep a crane around in the backyard so i can lift my truck by the bed. u know. so i can get down and clean my boxed frame..hehehehehheee. i laughed my self when i saw that. it just makes me want to go out and buy a ford now. just like brians 6 litre diesel. looks like i may be puting a high pressure oil pump in it. and thats not for the engine. this is what works the injectors basically. i always wanted a truck that used oil pressure to operate my injectors.. brilliant man brilliant.. a better idea...BLUCK!!!!

Old 03-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Range Rover

What about the comercial where they lifted the semi? They had enough pulleys that you could almost raise it by hand lol. My Sears garden tractor in low gear could have lifted that truck.

Old 03-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider

LOL!!! now thats funny

Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

I am a tech at a Ford/Dodge dealership, and kinda like quads, each has its good and bad. Since 6.0 liters have been out, I have only replace one high pressure oil pump to a hell of a lot of injection pumps on cummins. But saying that, I have seen lots of high pressure oil leaks in 6.0s. Since Toyota has been bashing Ford, they are just fighting back. Whats funny is Toyota press release party with its new trucks. I was told that 6 out of 10 trucks at that release broke down. Something like, under a heavy load they where breaking carriage bearings. Just like quads, most problems I see with things is poor maintance. Can't blame that on anything but the owner.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

i know how that goes. around where i live. many of these high pressure pumps have been replaced. the dealers here have done many. maybe its the weather hehe.. like quads we all have what we like. i like dodge. others like ford. but i have to say i will take a cummins over them all. cummins has been around a good many years. and anything from over the road trucks to dozers and back hoes have run cummins. and then theres cat. got to love them too.

Old 03-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

My understanding is ever since Ford changed the 7.3 Powerstroke over to the 6.0L the truck just has not been the same. I'm sure there are lots of people who love their 6.0L, but from what I have read, they are known to be problematic. Now Ford ditches the 6.0L and moves on to the 6.4L. Perhaps this will be a better motor. But I think the new look on the Superduty is ugly.

I'll be sticking with my Cummins.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

i bought a toyota last year. I wish i would have kept my chevy. toyota is over rated and over hyped. that said, im for any US OEM striking back at toyota. ford is struggling for survival right now so they are going to find every angle they can; like all of them have done for years.

i think the truth is they are the only ones with a FULLY boxed frame from front to rear. the new chevys are hydroformed and boxed in certain areas, but i dont think they are FULLY boxed from front to back (let me know if im wrong). properly equipped, it hauls up to 10,800 pounds, so its not like 11,000 ford has is much more.... toyota's strutting around with 10,500 acting like the pompus @sses they are... if you are pulling that much weight i think you need a deisel anyway then were back to the US OEMS... in that category id take the duramax simply b/c i like the way the GMs handle and look inside/out...JMO, personal preference.

**well according to the chevy website the new silverado is fully boxed and hydroformed...i thought earlier literature they sent me in the mail said it was boxed here and there (they didnt say here and there though!)**

Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

I was reading a issue of Popular Mechanics the other day where they were rating 1/2 ton trucks...

1. Nisan Titan
2. Toyota
3. Chevy
4. Ford
5. Dodge

Interestingly, the Dodge with it's gas hungry hemi came in last. It was also the most expensive. What was even more interesting is the rest of them were pretty gas hungry too. Dodge is going to have to do something for 2008 if they want to remain competitive. Which they do.

I was shocked to see Nisan as #1. For some reason, I kinda equate the brand with cheap junk. I think Toyota (at least prior to it trying to be a bigger truck) made the ideal hunting rig.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

and isnt it funny. on the commercials. they all say they are the number one truck. ford is number one. chevy is number one. dodge is number one. there all number one.. they all make junk.. every manufacture makes some kind of crap. i feel engineers that design these vehicles, should have to work in the field as a tech. at least five years before they become an engineer. the stuff they think of just boggles the mind. i have loved both my 94 diesel dodge. and i love my 05 diesel one ton. best rides so far ive owned. and have had very little problems. had my 94 for 11 years. looked like my new one. no rust. and it was a really good truck. did alot of heavy pulling for me. and i dont drive them in the winter. i have winter beaters. i cant afford to go out and buy a new truck every four or five years like some. so i keep them nice. instigater look what u started. dont u feel remorse. dont u feel ashamed.. u should.. u u u instigater u hehehehehee

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial