Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

New Ford commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ford commercial

more fule. like taking a big pick up truck with a v6. u are always on the floor trying to get it to go. now u have same truck with a bigger v8. more power. less throttle. the bigger engine does not have to work as hard as the little one. it will pull with less effort. diesel same thing. more power. add fuel and timing. the truck will pull with less throttle up a grade with a certain amount of weight. it may sound funny. but adding more power. the engine will not work as hard as one with less power. as instigater said. id rather be CUMMINS then STROKIN.. HEHE and i love the sound and smell of a diesel. they dont have plugs. and dist. caps. and other crap. maintanence them. and take care of them. and they take care of u. this is why big over the road semis. do not have big gas engines. for one thing . the mileage would suck. and the cost of maint. and repair would be too great. and not enough power. or is it did have. the fuel it would consume would be astounding. so yes the programmers will usually increase mileage . jut for the fact. the engine can pull said weight easier with less effort. i know it works. it has been proven time and time again. and the engine will out last any gasser. i just love diesels. and mine is very quiet. you do not even think of a diesel in my truck. my old 94 dodge. made lots of noise. but in my eyes and ears. that just gives u that big cummins smile.. but my new truck is way way more quiet. as time goes on i will do more to mine. ive got a bully dog. and 4" straight pipe. no conv.. and a muff. wich is straight thru. and u can down load the crazy lary. wich adds 200 horses. and about another 400 or so foot lbs. of torque. now thats some diesel smokin tire shreddin stuff. now on a gas engine. tell me how hard it is to gain 100 horse. and 250 foot lbs. without extensive mods. u just cant do it. but the diesel. u can crank her up. old ones by the full load plate.. or the new ones. but a simple programmer.. that easy. more power out of the diesel easier. to get that power from gas. u would have to dump in thousands of green backs.. theres my 600 foot lbs worth of thought.. hehehehe

Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I don't need any more torque than I've got. I don't pull horse trailers, car haulers, or full size campers. I pull a 1000 lb quad. If I were into those other things, I would have a different truck. Around here, I see alot of BIG ext. cab trucks, you know the kind, diesel, big tires, exhaust stacks coming up from the bed and "Get-R-Done" stickers. Most of these guys can barely see into the bed, they are so short. I think it must be a short man syndrome, and the cure is a big truck. Why do all little guys need trucks bigger than them? LOL!! Most people around here have trucks that are never use for there intended purpose! You other guys, that use a "TRUCK", need some serious torque, and diesel is where it comes from!

Old 03-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Throw in a powerchip and my mileage gets even better and my power increases even more.
Care to explain how putting more fuel in a diesel engine will give beter mileage?
You lost me on that one. Not sure why you quoted me on that particular item, but then made the comment about putting more fuel in. But hey...like I said. I have owned all three of Fords trucks (including the gas truck). And I actually have had the ranger too. Either I said something that did not match what I thought or we just aren't on the same page. But anyway, I don't think 3/4 ton gas trucks (2002...to be fair) get 22-24 mpg. The mile per gallon doesn't change. A gallon is a gallon right? So if somebody on here has a 02 gas truck (3/4 ton) and wants to compare....

Why have a huge truck? Simple. I love trucks. People who love trucks like the beasts. Now granted, when I had my 1/2 ton I loved it. I was madly in love with that F-150 (until I worked it and even then, I could kid myself out of it). And I want to be on record as pro ford. Matter of fact, I was looking at a F-650 with a Cummins and a Allison tranny here a few hours ago. Not to buy. Just in a magazine. Matter of fact:

F-650

Why go with the PSD in that baby. I think I like Shaqs the best (more of a SUV in his case). Bit out of my league for sure. But hey...I have the best type of truck period. And that type is one that is paid for. I haven't had a car payment in over a year and man is that sweet. Plus I only have 34,000 miles on mine. So I will have it for a very very long time.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

instigater look what u started. u should be ashamed of ur self. just look. look.. i stick my tounge out at u.. hehehehehe. ur tooo big for ur little truck.. i like big trucks.. i like everything big except women..hehehehhehee

Old 03-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

I used our f450 over the weekend(in a snow storm) and it cost $75(just over the weekend), however I was able to pass a long line of cars and trucks and even a hummer during a snowstorm. Was it worth it? Yes......The truck is a frigging monster.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

You lost me on that one. Not sure why you quoted me on that particular item, but then made the comment about putting more fuel in. But hey...like I said. I have owned all three of Fords trucks (including the gas truck). And I actually have had the ranger too. Either I said something that did not match what I thought or we just aren't on the same page. But anyway, I don't think 3/4 ton gas trucks (2002...to be fair) get 22-24 mpg. The mile per gallon doesn't change. A gallon is a gallon right? So if somebody on here has a 02 gas truck (3/4 ton) and wants to compare....
Gas engines and diesel engines are two different animals. My point was, if you box a diesel, the box only plays with three different major things. Boost pressure, injector timing, and the big one, FUEL. On a diesel, your foot is connected to the fuel pump. That's all; there is no air valve to throttle the engine. The more fuel you give a diesel the more the RPM climbs and the more power you make. Diesels are like nitro engines in that respect. The more fuel you add, the more power you make.

A lot of people hang a box on their diesel engine and claim to get better fuel mileage. This will not be the case because the box is adding more fuel. The more fuel you add, the worse your mileage will be. After adding the box, people will see the heads up read better fuel mileage and they think "cool my box is giving me more power and better mileage." The problem is the box is fooling the factory ecm. The factory ecm is thinking one thing but the box is adding more fuel to the engine. The only way to add BIG power to a diesel is give it more fuel. When you give it more fuel your mileage will suffer.

The box makers try to make you think you get both, and are very successful at doing so.

My point was; this is not possible.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

hmmm. thats funny. i dont use my heads up. i do it the old fashioned way. by my mileage and the fuel i put in. i did not gain alot. at most about a mile. but i drive sometimes with a heavy foot. not all of us use the heads up. and yes it does change that. so u cannot go by that. so i do not totally agree with what u say. u can also very timeing without adding fuel. and again increase mileage. i got one. did that. and checked that. if u add tons of fuel and put ur foot to the floor it will use more. i also know others who have tweaked. and again gained mileage. my old 94 when new was gutless. foot to the floor pulling my horse trailer. after doing some exhaust and a fuel plate. it ran much better. and my foot was not on the floor. and it did better pulling my trailer. guess it all works diffeerent for each applicatioin.. again just look what u started instigater. bought time to unsubcribe to this thread. i see it getting ugly. just like others. we all like what we have. we all have different ideas. and different findings. thank god we are still free. at least for now that is.. u all have fun with this..i dont see any one winning this battle. SEMPER FI CARRY ON!!

Old 03-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Aww hell. Now I'm on my own. Oh well. I'll take on the inferior truck owners on my own if need be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It's more fun when you hang around Fits, but if you gotta go then thats how it is. I like reading you and Instigators posts.

Where is the Duramax guy? He has a chipped truck with banks and the whole nine yards. He can speak more intelligently than myself on the subject. I myself will leave my truck stock.

I myself don't care if I win or lose. I just enjoy arguing about it. Frankly, I think anybody who thinks a gas truck is superior is nuts. But hey...we have a right to agree to disagree. I know I had my period before I saw the light. I hated the smell. Hated the sound.

The whole thing started with Fords. I was behind them on the freeway all the time. Staring at the tailgate...thinking what a nice looking truck. Prior to my 150, I never had a truck before. You know how it is when you get your first one. They feel huge. And it was the Lariat at that. And frankly, was my first real nice vehicle. I do love how Ford does their interior. The thing I hated about the F-350 is when I got on a dirt road...like with washboards, man. That thing felt like it was going to rattle apart. I do not know if that was due to the weight of the thing or what.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 800TwinEFI
Frankly, I think anybody who thinks a gas truck is superior is nuts.

Diesels are much beter than gas in some areas. You guys tell me they are quite, inside they are, but outside, they sound like the engine has been ran out of oil!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 800TwinEFI
Chevy is for old men [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

However, you have one hell of a setup there and have destroyed my chances of poking any fun at you.
LOL.... Its all good!

If i owned a gas job, my strongest arguement would be goin from a 5.3Vortec to a 6.6Duramax/Allisontranny is almost 10k CDN. That is a lot of money you could save. But its worth every penny!

My duramax is very quiet even with the exhaust. It has a nice/clean whistling sound. Most gasjobs around here sound louder!

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial