Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

New Ford commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ford commercial

Rdeeno,

Thanks for the info.

I thought the TSB was how to remove the plug after it was already broken off? I know there's mention of a special service tool needed to extract.

If it also tells how to get the plug out w/o breaking it, I'd love to see it. I'd like to changed these plugs out before they get too corroded.

There's a lot of talk on the Ford-trucks forum about the plug breakage, and dealers trying to charge the vehicle's owner for the extraction.

In your opinion - since you're a Ford mechanic - shouldn't this be a recall?

Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Recalls are really mainly safety related. They do sometimes have what is called "customer satifaction" recalls for things like this. Like I said early, we haven't broken one ourselve yet. I'll pm you with the info on removal.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

WOW!!!! This thing is still going??????? All I said was Moto must be working for the "F_ _ _" (FORD)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]company! You guys have fun, I'll check back later!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

10days ago, ya... now, no

Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

I bought the new 04 150 back three years ago and I must say all the hype, videos and metal parts comparison displays were pretty impressive.
Three years later and 55 thousand miles later it's not a bad truck but If I was them I would have put more money into seat covers that are easy to clean and arent stained my water and and even worse by diet coke. I use my f150 to haul our quads out to Calif riding places and then during the week it is cleaned up sweet to drive to one customer to another.
After say like El Mirage the dust bowl from hell it is almost impossible to clean out the inside. I use a high pressure blower nozzel to clean most of my stuff after riding and the inside of the truck too. Even with the doors closed at most places just open 10-15 times a day in the dust and it's waisted.
Anyway next time it's leather interior and 2500 Chevy duramax. The Dodge Long Horn with a 6 cyl cummings would be great too!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

My giirl told me 8 still stroken is better then 6 done cummin any day. ha ha ha

Old 04-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

I won't deny Toyota makes great products.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>

i will. they are over priced, over rated, and overhyped. they have our media in the palm of their hand propagating them as the best in everything. even whats left of the unaltered press states that honda (which i prob would buy over a toyota) and toyota are on a pedastal which is percieved. in tests, they do not out perform or have total relibility score higher than ford or chevy. after having a toyota and hearing it was sooo good, i dont see it being any better than my chevy i had (and should have kept). matter of fact its worse. worse gas mileage worse build quality. im going back to chevy (no offence to ford, dodge, or gmc fans- i just like them better). the new silverado was rated as having the best fit/finish truck out of them all, toyota included. who is going to spend $41,000+ on a 'loaded' tundra anyway that is not diesel? i wont and the american market wont either. this truck is overpriced and it will not meet sales forcasts as already predicted by toyota executives (some of whom in japan face criminal charges on things like lying abount their products' safety. look it up if you dont believe me). http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+investigation

Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree - honda, toy, and all the rest are over hyped. I made the mistake of buying a honda motorcycle some years ago, and put in a new engine every 5,000 miles. After 15,000 miles and three engines I got rid of the POS.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Unknown.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

My GM Pontiac blew up at 55,000 miles, the engine was replaced under extended warranty and I had all the receipts to prove it had not missed one oil change.

I just bought a Toyota and was impressed with the high mileage on many cars listed on auto trader and ebay. My mechanic says there is no reason my camery shouldn't hit 400,000 miles with proper upkeep.

Chevy/Gmc Trucks are much better than the cars in most cases. Not sure why they pump out crap cars? My 2 cents

Old 04-17-2007, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DeeDawg
I agree - honda, toy, and all the rest are over hyped. I made the mistake of buying a honda motorcycle some years ago, and put in a new engine every 5,000 miles. After 15,000 miles and three engines I got rid of the POS.
DeeDawg, I don't know how long ago this was, but a new engine every 5k is unheard of. If these were "new" engines, one can't even say it must have been a bad cylinder or crank if the whole engine was replaced. Either you had some incredibly bad luck, or something else was terribly wrong with the way these engines were assembled.

I rode Honda for a long time, and just recently started riding Kawasaki more. I just like their offerings a little better. But - I had several Honda XRs and other than regular maintenance, did nothing else than beat on it, park it, beat on it, park it... and never had a problem.

I had a Honda Nighthawk with 27000 miles and never a problem, and now have a Honda Shadow with 10k on it - not an issue.

I have also had a couple Toyota 4x4s with similar experiences - took them offroading lots with no major issues.

I understand how frustrating the problem must have been. I'm sure if I had the same issue, I'd swear them off too, but if Honda built anything like that on a regular basis, they just wouldn't be around any more.

Quick Reply: New Ford commercial