Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

07 Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Grizzly

I currently have a Polaris 500 HO, I am thinking about buying a Grizzly 700. What do you guys think? Better , worse. Also, is this the machine to buy right now in the big bore quads. I mostly trail ride, not much mud bogging, but occasionally. I just want a little more power than my Polaris.
Thanks,
sworks1105

Old 04-17-2007, 11:44 PM
Range Rover
Default 07 Grizzly

I bought a 07 Grizzly in Feb. and really like it. It has everything I was looking for:650-700 class motor, IRS, front locking diff, fuel injection, and the power steering I thought was kinda gimmick. Well if you have not ridden the Grizz before you buy anything else just try the new Grizz. I have ridden most big bore machines and there is no comparison IMO to the handling, smooth power, ease of riding, and honestly just a blast to ride. The power steering makes the Grizz handle the woods better than anything I have seen, the suspension is outstanding. It seems like riding a smaller atv, like a Kodiak ( which I had before the Grizz) but has the big bore power. It will wheelie anytime, but isn't the fastest (Brute or Can AM), largest ground clearance (AC), or biggest overall package and storage(Polaris). I really think like many others have said, it is the best "all around" atv ever made...IMO...many others are good I just really like the new Grizz.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 Grizzly

We all buy based on what we want the ATV to do for us. For my bf750, it is about power, torque and mudding. For the new polaris 800efi X2 DLX, it is about power and versitility for what I will be using it for. (ie: Trail riding with wife on 2nd seat and using the dump bed for hunting and working the property) My bf750 is awesome power and is now running at 59hp by the dealers dyno after the mods. However, I still have the bump steer issue sometimes. I haven't ridden the 700 efi griz yet, but based on what I have heard, it is trully and great all around quad.

It isn't the most powerful and beating a polaris' comfortable ride is very difficult, BUT it probably has PLENTY power and I have heard the ride is much better than the 660 griz. I don't think you can go wrong with the 700efi griz for an all around quad. It is probably the "TRI-ATHLETE" of all quads right now.......does everything very good. Just my thoughs, but I can't wait to actually ride one to see.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:15 AM
DS2
Range Rover
Default 07 Grizzly

My Brother-in-law has the Polaris 700. IMO it steers like a dump truck, but has nice torque and great stock tires. His opinion of our Grizzly is we are spoiled with the EPS, it rides like a Caddy and Yamaha should be embarrassed to mount those tires on their flagship quad. There're also plenty of engine mods available if you want it to go faster (crappy full exhaust systems still). A grizzly can always add HP and GC, but no other quads to date (I'm sure that'll change ASAP with todays ATV industry) has EPS...and that seat is soft! If I ride the Grizzly first, I cannot ride the Banshee afterward as it feels like I'm riding a mechanical bull on crack.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default 07 Grizzly

By the way honda has power steering. But any way I requested the free dvd from yamaha and was I amazed at the features compared to the other brands. Now I know each company makes their atv sound like it is gold but you just need to watch it if your interested in the grizzly 700. I just wander how the eps will hold up to abuse. Doesnt it use plastic gears?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:22 AM
DS2
Range Rover
Default 07 Grizzly

Honda isn't mentioned in the title of the thread. Plus, Hondas' power steering is not as nice as the Yamaha Electronic PS. I jump and bottom out the Grizzly on every ride...already rolled her too. If the EPS will break I will do it.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default 07 Grizzly

the plastic does not transmit the steering load on the Grizzly

I have yet to see a one on one (or long term reliability) comparison of Yamaha vs Honda PS

Old 04-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default 07 Grizzly

The 700 Griz is everything I had expected it to be including several agrivating new model gremlins including poor shift rod/reverse switch design and poor cold weather starting. I see no good reason to jump after an 07 when most likely by 08 all these first year issues will be resolved. Especially when you have a perfectly satisfactory 500 Polaris. So have a little patience and get an 08.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default 07 Grizzly

I would almost bet the power steering tech Honda uses is nearly identical and comes from the same vendor as the one Yamaha uses.

As I understand it isn't an innovation from Yamaha or Honda but a device acquired from a vendor an licensed for use and as such any manufacturer could get the rights to it and adapt it to their own machines. That's what I was told. Someone with better knowledge of the actual unit and its manufacturer please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default 07 Grizzly

Originally posted by: propnut
the plastic does not transmit the steering load on the Grizzly

I have yet to see a one on one (or long term reliability) comparison of Yamaha vs Honda PS
The May issue of Quad off-road magazine did a comparison of the Honda, Yamaha EPS. They said that Yamaha's was a little stronger. Seems that steering effort was more on the Honda Foreman. It's to soon to do a long term test. Also they were dumbfounded as to why Honda would introduce the EPS on their worst selling quad, when the Rincon is their flagship bike.

Quick Reply: 07 Grizzly