Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007 | 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800

Originally posted by: lec666
whatever atv you wind up buying i'm pretty sure you'll be very happy with it.
just make sure you buy the one thats right for you and the type of riding/work you do.
any make is vulnerable to break down,especially if you ride/work hard.
AMEN!!!! Seat time will help you decide much better than listening to opinions. Good luck and let us know what you get.

Old 04-27-2007 | 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

For not caring you sure are long winded about it And yes I agree the 426 Hemi pushrod moter did make alot of horse power IMAGINE what it would have had with over head cams!

Old 04-27-2007 | 01:09 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I got some seat time on both machines today and I decided to get the Grizzly. The polaris felt like it had more power but fuel economy was worse and I felt like the Polaris was controlling me instead of me controlling it. I never felt that on a Polaris until I rode the Yamaha. I am going to wait until July so I can get the 08 Grizz cause I have never been a fan of buying first year models.
The power stearing is great, and their is plenty enough power in the Grizz. I am going to put some AMS swamp fox tires on cause I dont like the stock Yamaha tires. I will be catching alot of guff from my family and friends cause they are all hard core Polaris but they havnt rode the Grizz yet either. Let the conversion begin. Thanks for the input

Old 04-27-2007 | 01:23 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

You better hide the keys when you park it then, otherwise it may be borrowed a lot once they find out how it rides! If you can hold out until the '08 models that should be to your benefit even though it's a pretty solid machine already...

Old 04-27-2007 | 03:29 AM
Range Rover

Ugh, cannot remember if i have my exact tenths right but:
After purchasing the quad from the shop the paperwork they gave me had my 650i listed at 47.8HP and my buddies 750 at 51.2. LOL so everyones got diff numbers but these are whats on the little piece of paper that kinda looks like a title.

Old 04-27-2007 | 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kernel
Ugh, cannot remember if i have my exact tenths right but:
After purchasing the quad from the shop the paperwork they gave me had my 650i listed at 47.8HP and my buddies 750 at 51.2. LOL so everyones got diff numbers but these are whats on the little piece of paper that kinda looks like a title.
The "little pieces of paper" that I have got for any of my quads never had the hp rating on them. Where are you look at on the paper?

Old 04-27-2007 | 04:00 PM
DS2
Range Rover

Originally posted by: WYOGRIZZ
I got some seat time on both machines today and I decided to get the Grizzly. The polaris felt like it had more power but fuel economy was worse and I felt like the Polaris was controlling me instead of me controlling it. I never felt that on a Polaris until I rode the Yamaha. I am going to wait until July so I can get the 08 Grizz cause I have never been a fan of buying first year models.
The power stearing is great, and their is plenty enough power in the Grizz. I am going to put some AMS swamp fox tires on cause I dont like the stock Yamaha tires. I will be catching alot of guff from my family and friends cause they are all hard core Polaris but they havnt rode the Grizz yet either. Let the conversion begin. Thanks for the input
Congratulations (figured I'd post it over here this time)! I'll bet they'll feel as rediculous as my Polaris-lovin' brother-in-law does.

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DS2
Originally posted by: WYOGRIZZ
Congratulations (figured I'd post it over here this time)! I'll bet they'll feel as rediculous as my Polaris-lovin' brother-in-law does.

So explain to me why someone else having a polaris bothers you? Or why having a kawasaki or honda or suzuki etc bothers you? To me, I am glad we all ride different machine. I really don't care if someone rides a honda or yamaha or polaris, because they didn't buy it with my money. The only time I care is when they start putting out false information about other quads and bashing people for their choice of quad. I am glad he picked the 700griz over the 800polaris b/c that was what HE WANTED, not what anyone else wanted.

Old 04-30-2007 | 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

I would go with the Polaris 800 Because its a smoth ride and has lots of power I riden one befor and its great fun pulls wheelys like nothing

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:24 PM
Trailblazer

My cuzins smokes belts like nothin other than that its a nice machine..

Quick Reply: YAMAHA GRIZZ 700 VS POLARIS SP800