Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE...... :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE...... :-)

I agree that PS is nice but if you are going to ride two up the the outty is the only way to go.In a lot of places you will be stop for riding two people on a one person ATV.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

The grizzlies have been running hot for years... That being said, DV, it's not the gas cap that's the problem, it's the valve in the vent hose. (to be honest, I don't think there's even a valve on the 700's cap) Replace the check valve with a small NAPA fuel filter. This allows the pressure to equalize plus it filters the incoming as the pressure drops. This won't get rid of the heat the engine produces, but it'll clear up the breathing issues in the tank...

Also, the grizzly runs probably 40% hotter when putting around for an hour or so, than it does when tearing around on trails... It just doesn't like the low rpms I guess.... lol...

Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Hebs, I'll check into that vent hose. We've actually owned three Grizzly 660s, and this Grizzly 700. The 700 doesn't start as good in extreme cold, and doesn't handle extreme heat as well either. Everything else is better though; engine noise, vibration, steering, handling, and suspension.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Pro Rider

I wonder if Yamaha will sort out the EFI issues for 2008? It obviously shouldn't have left the factory as it did. Hopefully they rework the EFI system. Cold starting issues and having to fiddle with the fuel settings to get the thing not to stall or to get it to idle correctly is exactly the type of thing that EFI is suppose to eliminate. It was painfully obvious that the EFI on the Grizzly wasn't thoroughly tested and wasn't ready for release.

Old 07-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

My fan came on 1 time at about 10 miles. Did the POD adjustment and the fan hasen't come on in 300 miles even in 95 degree heat. Never have had a gas boiling issuie either. Never have had one problem yet.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

The Outlanders will not run any cooler. More cc's equal more heat. Outlanders have been melting plastic for awhile. This was an issue with the 800's, unsure if the 650's have the same problem.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

The Grizzly has power steering, real 4WD, good looks, and a fairly strong engine for its size.

The Can-Am has a crazily powerful engine and "Visco-Lock" 3WD (it's not real 4WD).

It really depends if you want to sacrifice true 4WD for the extra power.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:12 PM
Range Rover

Do a test ride' that way you won't be second guessing. I would go with the Outty personally.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks everyone for there input and help onces again. I have kept my GRIZZ, I don't need that much power and the GRIZZ has everything I need and more.... If you really look at the big picture for an all around 4wheeler the GRIZZLY is the way to go............ as I said before I have always been a HONDA fan and I still am..........but when I test drove the GRIZZ it was all over..............YAMAHA has really done a good job with this one.........

Thanks again for all your honest responses.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

I was wondering the same thing. Two of my employees have 700's and I am wanting to ad a 700 to my ATV family.

I can't decide between the new Brute force 750 efi, Grizzly 700 or the Outty 650. I recently bought a KQ 450 this year. I like the KQ but I don't like the low intake pipes and belt exhaust. I know on the Grizzly 700 they are really high. Does anyone know where the BF and Outty intakes and belt exhaust are located. The KQ's are just to LOW!!