Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Has anyone used there warranty yet on there 700 GRIZZ

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007 | 06:07 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Has anyone used there warranty yet on there 700 GRIZZ

dont own a Grizzly, but in my opinion all it will take is one little thing like a sensor, and you will regret not having the extended, I had my ride for one month (although the six month wouldve covered) and the throttle sensor went on mine, parts and labor cost Yamaha $450.00 in one shot. My extended cost $480.00ish I believe. It's worth it to me. Unless your a mechanic, and have the means to diagnose EFI, your power steering and other covered issues. Just my opinion. Good luck with your machine I heard they are great. Drive safe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My GRIZZ is a really great machine it really is...... ya I should have gotten an extended but stupid me I did not........so hopefully fingers crossed the power steering and everything else will be OK.........it seems the power steering is really rock solid I have not come across a friend or anyone on any forums having problems with it...........YAMAHA really hit it big with the power steering......

Thanks for your reply

Old 07-30-2007 | 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

killakevbeastmode,
The lifetime warranty on ITP wheels I spoke of is only on the SS style wheels. T9s are essentially the same as Douglas .190 billet wheels. They are light weight wheels best suited for sand dune drag quads that don't ever get in the air, or hit a rock. For that light of a wheel you need to get them with reinforcing rings like the T9 Baja wheels, or with beadlocks to have any strength at all. Just plain T9s are soft as butter, but Douglas wheels in that style are no better if that is any consolation.

Old 07-30-2007 | 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

btremont,
We use the biggest plow that Moose makes, and it doesn't seem to even phase the Grizzly.

DV

Old 07-30-2007 | 11:56 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DesertViper

killakevbeastmode,

The lifetime warranty on ITP wheels I spoke of is only on the SS style wheels. T9s are essentially the same as Douglas .190 billet wheels. They are light weight wheels best suited for sand dune drag quads that don't ever get in the air, or hit a rock. For that light of a wheel you need to get them with reinforcing rings like the T9 Baja wheels, or with beadlocks to have any strength at all. Just plain T9s are soft as butter, but Douglas wheels in that style are no better if that is any consolation.</end quote></div>

Yeah, I kicked myself in the @ss with this one, the wife wont let me spend more money on wheels, not yet anyway, but thats what I'm going to go for, some beadlocks in the front and bajas in the rear, or a full set of either or, I didnt even think it out when I bought them, I just wanted the tires and mounted on the first thing they ran pass me, (the black t-9s) well I'm not going through the dealer for nothin anymore anyway, thats how I got beat, I did it to myself, hence me kicking myself. Thanks for the info bro, I just wanted to know if I had a chance, lol. Damn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2007 | 11:35 AM
Range Rover

I have had to use my warranty on the Grizzly. While riding in TN at Windrock I hit a log along side the trail while in mid wheelie with the left front wheel. I felt a jerk on the bars but didn't think to much about it, until I started to sense a difference in the handling. I checked the front end and didn't notice anything right away and kept riding. The longer I rode the worse it got. Once back at camp realized a bent lower A arm. I was a bit shocked because it didn't seem like a big hit, but the Yamaha warranty guy said that the EPS absorbs so much shock that I probably hit worse than I thought. They did replace the part at no cost, about $125, but would not pay for installation, but my dealer came thru, Obermeyer Yamaha in Jasper,IN, and put it on for free. Could not be more happy, zero problems since.

Old 07-31-2007 | 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

I have bought extended warrentys in the past and never used them. I have had my wolverine 450 for close to a year now and still have not had to have any problems repaired at a dealer.

Old 08-03-2007 | 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

extended warranties are great... unless the local dealer is a pain in the butt about honoring the warranty, or will not return your wheeler unless you "pay." I've only had this happen to me once (CV boots are not covered in a polaris extended warranty), but wouldn't ever use the local kawi-yamaha dealer just because of the horrible rep of the service dept. Once you are in there once... you keep coming back more needing more repairs.

so... get to know your dealer first.

Old 08-11-2007 | 10:26 PM
|
Trailblazer

Sorry for not getting back to this thread sooner............thanks for all the replies.............great stuff...................