Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Wreck while loading pickup.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wreck while loading pickup.

I ran 700 Griz up ramp and into rear of pickup in 4wd low. I use 4x4 blocks to prevent bumper from hitting cab window. I also use sheet of 1/2 inch ply over plastic bed liner. I stopped slightly short of blocks and while trying to inch forward to blocks my Bighorns grabbed plywood and shot it out the rear and simultaneously jumped over 4x4 blocks and crashed out the rear cab slider. My old dog may never wait inside cab again while I'm loading. A $300 mistake. I'll just use tie downs in future to inch Griz forward to blocks. Stupid.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I thought this was going to be a thread about forgetting to safety strap the ramp to the pickup, and getting smashed under the machine after the ramp slips off and the machine falls and flips over backwards...

Though the window might be a bummer, in the big scheme of things, nobody is hurt or disabled for life or anything...

I'd fix the window, and maybe even go out to a nice dinner to celebrate that it wasn't a more serious accident.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 AM
Range Rover

Sorry but U didnt think that slick board on slicker plastic surface was gonna hold did ya? u need to take that plastic crap out of box before it rusts box out by traping water under it. then go get a spray on liner or do what i did, go get rubberized undercoating in spray can and coat bed with couple cans.
I hope u r ok buddy. but damn it man use your head next time

Old 10-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont feel too bad I did it twice on an atv one time pulling in and one time backing out(old 250 and tough to get into reverse) and once with my old husky 430 dirtbike when the throttlecable stuck open, almost cleared the cab on that one.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I've bent the end of the bed w/ the bumper of my yfz doing that once... I've also seen someone flip when trying to drive up into their truck next to mine... the quad flipped all the way over and then rolled towards my truck... stopped short of the door by about 6inches... Man I woulda been pissed...

Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yea... not a bad deal overall.. why the 1/2" plywood over the plastic bedliner?

Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JeffinTD

I thought this was going to be a thread about forgetting to safety strap the ramp to the pickup, and getting smashed under the machine after the ramp slips off and the machine falls and flips over backwards...

Though the window might be a bummer, in the big scheme of things, nobody is hurt or disabled for life or anything...

I'd fix the window, and maybe even go out to a nice dinner to celebrate that it wasn't a more serious accident.</end quote></div>

Lol!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I dont know if i would exactly go out to celebrate after smashing out my rear windshield! It is good nobody got hurt, but i would still be FURIOUS!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah, I'd be pretty PO'd too, but after calming down you'd have to realize that things a whole lot worse could have happened...

Old 10-04-2007, 11:59 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

On my friends 660 Grizzly he smashed out his window also. Now he backs up onto the ramps because his back wheels protrude out enough that they hit the front of the truck box well before allowing the ATV to touch the window. With practice backing up onto the truck is second nature and unloading is a breeze.

Old 10-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea I'll stick to useing my trailers ,no windows to break

Quick Reply: Wreck while loading pickup.