Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Mudlites good for rocky hilly terrain?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mudlites good for rocky hilly terrain?

Considering putting 26" Mudlites XL with ITP C7 aluminum wheels on my AC 650, but I do a lot of riding in the NW Arkansas area with a lot of hills and rocks. Is this a wise move?

Old 02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

i don't have them personally but my buddy does and he loves them I think they'd be a good choice for you

Old 02-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Range Rover

We have Mudlite XL's on both of our quads and like them alot. Have ridden in Utah, Ky, Tn, Wv, Oh... No problems, no plugs. I have over 3000 miles on my Mudlites, still have 3/4" lugs on them. The wifes have over 1500 miles. Both are mounted on ITP Type 5 Rock Crusher rims.(these have a thicker lip) Rims have some good sized nicks and scrapes but have never failed. I will probably buy Mudlites again...

Old 02-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't have a set, but from what I've learned from chatting with other riders Bighorn radials are also a long wearing tough tire that does well in rocky terrain.

They might be another choice, though I've never talked to anyone with Mudlites who was unhappy with those, either, so both are probably good choices.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Range Rover

I will second the opinion on the Bighorn radials. I also ride the rocks of northwest Arkansas and they have proven to be both tough and capable. I had Gators on my Sportsman that have a very open tread pattern like the Mudlites. I didn't feel like they put enough rubber on the ground on the rocks. Now if you also like the mud (and you know there is plenty of it in NWA) then the Mudlites would be a better choice.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bighorns or Swamplites. Both very aggressive strong tires. Check my pics for the swamplites

Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gergb

We have Mudlite XL's on both of our quads and like them alot. Have ridden in Utah, Ky, Tn, Wv, Oh... No problems, no plugs. I have over 3000 miles on my Mudlites, still have 3/4" lugs on them. The wifes have over 1500 miles. Both are mounted on ITP Type 5 Rock Crusher rims.(these have a thicker lip) Rims have some good sized nicks and scrapes but have never failed. I will probably buy Mudlites again...</end quote></div>

3000 miles? They have never seen a paved road before I'm guessing... heh...

Depending on the size of rocks, the mudlites could peform really well... (the softer rubber gives you good grip on larger, immobile rocks)

You might want to look at dirtdevils as well... they have a very similar pattern, cost a lil less and you can get 6ply.... (new mudlites come in 6ply as well)

Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

doh... dbl post

Old 02-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hebs 3000 miles? They have never seen a paved road before I'm guessing... heh... </end quote></div>

I would guess about two hundred miles or more on pavement, minimum... From the occasioal trip up and down P-1(3 - miles or more) at Coal Creek OHV over the last 3 years I've had them. Plus there have been numerous trips to ATV friendly towns in Ut, WV, TN...

Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You aren't the only person I've seen talk about getting thousands of miles out of mudlites... Bighorns are also supposed to wear well, too.

Quick Reply: Mudlites good for rocky hilly terrain?