Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

08 AC H1 650 vs. 08 Sportsman 800

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:04 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default 08 AC H1 650 vs. 08 Sportsman 800

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Brent13

The Grizz dry weighs 600 pounds if I remember correctly. I don't recall SP weights, but believe even the 500 SP weighs considerably more than the 700 Grizzly. The 800 SP is a real porker. The SP flat out starts heavier by a long shot, so what is your point? What do you mean loaded up? If you start heavier, you can't win.

Brent</end quote></div>

I just have to laugh at people who think there is a light weight 600lb Utility ATV, once your at those weights you just do not feel 100 more lbs.

It like having a 100 lbs passenger on the back,who can even tell if the person ever fell off unless you look back.

I ride with a 500 Foreman thats 100lbs lighter, its suspension can not handle high speed bumps as well and the it accelerates slower. Its 100lbs lighter does not help in the least.

I like the new 08 Ford F-150 is better because it weights less than the Dodge Ram.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Not really sure but are you on your dad's account V2? I always noticed that you are as close minded as that Recon idiot but you've been acting like a little baby lately that's doesn't (or can't) own up to the facts. Loosen up, the AC's have nice features but, it doesn't mean that EVERY other brand doesn't have models that will perform BETTER at different tasks than your AC. Now log off your dad's account and get your own, you're making your dad look bad.

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

What's really funny though is I just looked at the first page of AC's and Polaris's section on this website and there are 9 threads about problems people are having with their AC's and 1 about Polaris. lol. Just sayin'.

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

To TLC

I can flatout notice a 100 pound difference on a quad, and 150 pounds is huge. Load you quad up heavy with gear and ride. Then ride it unloaded. There is a difference. You "ride" a quad, shifting your body weight forward, back, side to side. You "drive" a truck and body english really has no need. The weight of a quad does matter and can certainly be felt in the handling of the machine. I am done.....

Brent

Old 04-23-2008 | 01:41 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Throw a 600 lb ATV around with body english? Throw a 600lb rock and throw a 700lb rock see which is easier and goes farther. 100lb of gear is just my beer. I load up 300lbs and sure can feel that but 100 pounds hardly.

Old 04-23-2008 | 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

i laugh at some of the statements made. like metal skids are better then plastic for instance. lol plastic slides cause it is naturally more slippery, every little bit helps. also i like the statement that i can stand on my plastic rack and it won't break. lmao i was slapping my knee at that statement. to be honest if you get in the mud and push bumper to bumper i have broken a couple of polaris racks and actually felt bad when i did break someone elses machine. also the stock tires statement. omg who even keeps the stock tires? the 2 inch receiver hitch compared to the 1 1/2 is just silly. i will admit i like pulling my receiver out of my truck and plugging it into my atv. then the old belt statement ah yes we can't talk about any automatic without getting into that one. i know guys who had polaris's that have gotten 5000 miles and never touched the belt and i seriously knew one guy who had an 03 700 that it would actually shread it every 200 to 300 miles. i used to own polaris and i live just 8 miles from their manufacturor in roseau and i will be the first to tell you i will never own another one ever again. they are a very high maintanance machine that has alot of cheap china made components on them to keep the cost of production down. and well dare i say tom tiller single handedly made polaris what it is today. lately the new thing is i noticed alot of them are having transmission troubles. one guy just got a new ranger about a month ago and the tranny is going out on it already. as far as ride is concerned though i will give it to polaris for slow trail riding as it is more plush and i will give it to cat for hammering the mud holes hard as it is a stiffer design. the polaris awd system works great for most people but as anyone who lives around hills. and why even bring up ride with 2 people? you can't legally drive an atv with 2 people on unless you have a 2-up. for some reason polaris people seem to be extremely brand loyal and i believe it is because people that own every other brand make fun of them for driving a higher maintanance machine and i guess i would snap back quick too but sometimes you just gotta look around you and make an educated decision. also beings i live so close to the factory i do ride with mostly polaris's cause them or a relative work there and get discount.

Old 04-23-2008 | 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: zorro700

Not really sure but are you on your dad's account V2? I always noticed that you are as close minded as that Recon idiot but you've been acting like a little baby lately that's doesn't (or can't) own up to the facts. Loosen up, the AC's have nice features but, it doesn't mean that EVERY other brand doesn't have models that will perform BETTER at different tasks than your AC. Now log off your dad's account and get your own, you're making your dad look bad.</end quote></div>

Im crushed. Zorro. I have better things to worry about than you thinking your remarks are "funny". You basically amount to a stain on my pants at this point. I can care less to what you think. You have less credibility than about anyone on here. Even MotoF150 had more of my respect than you.

Old 04-23-2008 | 10:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: v2rider

Ok. They have more problems than 3 atv brands put together. That AWD is crap. And polaris puts a 1 1/4 inch reciever on the machine because it cant handle anything that needs a 2" reciever. Also, I don't recall steel skids being better than ACs skids, which come Standard on ALL AC quads, as they bend when hit, and dont bend back. Who the hell keeps the stock tires on a quad for more than a year? Lots of storage on the cheap plastic racks that shatter on impact. Cool.</end quote></div>

You're saying that an AC has the ability to out pull a polaris 800? Careful, your credibility is getting VERY thin lately.</end quote></div>

Have you hooked a 800 up to a Thundercat yet? Or how about the diesel Cat? Or even the H1? They are all about the same weight. Id say if you put your money where your mouth is, youd be broke.

Old 04-24-2008 | 08:56 AM
Pro Rider

youd? Is that a word? You(')d also cure that stain in the pants problem if you(')d quit looking at picks of AC's. LOL! BTW Weez I weigh 220# and I stand on my racks all the time. The shed I park my bike in has an overhead storage and I use my bike to access it. No big deal but, have you ever seen anybody stand on their polaris racks and watch them snap? Thought so. Oh, and now you're saying that plastic skids are just as strong but the racks are too weak. Have you ever met V2? I think you two would really "hit" it off. Hey look on the bright side.....the first page of threads on the AC forum is down to 8 threads of people having problems. lol.

Old 04-24-2008 | 03:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

youd? Is that a word? You(')d also cure that stain in the pants problem if you(')d quit looking at picks of AC's. LOL! BTW Weez I weigh 220# and I stand on my racks all the time. The shed I park my bike in has an overhead storage and I use my bike to access it. No big deal but, have you ever seen anybody stand on their polaris racks and watch them snap? Thought so. Oh, and now you're saying that plastic skids are just as strong but the racks are too weak. Have you ever met V2? I think you two would really "hit" it off. Hey look on the bright side.....the first page of threads on the AC forum is down to 8 threads of people having problems. lol.</end quote></div>

Oh, now we need to pull out the bad spelling card. Well, when you sit down and pee Zorro, maybe you can take a look at the list of problems on the Polaris forum.

Quick Reply: 08 AC H1 650 vs. 08 Sportsman 800