Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What is "the best"?

Old 11-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is

There are race horses and then there are work horses. The challenge comes when we decide we want to work and play with our machines. Some of the design criteria formt he powerplant through the drivetrain and the suspension is counter one to the other - in fact, some design goals between sport and utility are mutually exclusive.

Witht hat said, we like to do chores and get jobs done with the same machine and that's where I think machines like the Grizzly 700 really shine. They have the ability to cover many tasks of work and play.

Old 11-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default What is

I have heard from most AC riders they you have change your riding style in order to adapt to the AC because of the higher ground clearance. I have mostly ridden Yamaha quads my entire life and strongly believe in there product. The comfortable ride of the Yamaha has always been a plus in my book. These guys have been putting out quads for years which has been tested and proved. Where I ride in Alaksa it would be hard to feel comfortable on AC's given the hard angles I must take to stay on the trail. Go to your dealership and test ride all these quads and see what fits your personal preference. My vote = Grizzly 700 EFI EPS.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default What is "the best

i have ridden just about every big bore, minus the polaris. i have an 06 king quad. at the time, it was the best one out there. since then, i have ridden the griz and the AC. sorry boys, the AC just isnt all its cracked up to be. too tall, too heavy, weird gauges and just the fact that its an artic cat. (maybe thats my dislike of the quad...hehe) i was part owner of a local motorsports shop that carried AC. i will never, i mean NEVER own anything AC. the company is by far the worst company out there if your a middle to small dealer. as far as the racing goes...nothing is stock on the rigs anyways...i would never buy a quad just because it wins....there are a lot of aftermarket parts on them.
the griz is the real deal. i love my king quad but for the money, the grizzly 700 efi eps is the way to go. it might not be for everyone...but i think its a better fit for most people....