Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

700 king quad regulator problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 king quad regulator problems

I presently own a 2005 suzuki 700 king quad and i am on my second battery. I finally took it to the dealership and they put a new computer module on it because they said that the old ecm drawed to much juice. then i found out that the battery was getting 17 volts sent back to it, suzuki covered the 500 dollar ecm but would not cover the 150 dollar battery or the 185 dollar rectifier i found a battery directly from kuasa battery factory for 85 dollars (yxt20-ch-bs) but i cannot find a regulator rectifier for a reasonable price does anyone out there have a web page where i can look to find one that is not 185 dollars.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am experiencing the same issue with my 2006 kingquad. My Suzuki dealer also replaced the computer module, but I'm on my 2 battery since the replacement of the module. I have a trickle charger on it all of the time and within a day of taking it off, the battery is dead. Suzuki is ignoring me.
Are you experiencing any similar issues?
Ps the only site I've found for moderately discounted parts is ATV.com.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes i was expereincing the same issues and checked my imput going back to the battery and i was at 16 volts and climbing at that time i realized that the voltage regulator was putting out too much voltage i think it should be between 13 and 14. the 17 volts going back to my battery was frying it. i have just bought a voltage regulator and it has not come in the mail yet. but as soon as i put it on i will be checking the stator to ensure that it is not grounded as soon as i figure out how to do that i have ordered a cd for the king quad off off e-bay that cost me 12 dollars and it is a service manual for that model i will keep you informed if you find out anything let me know please. oh by the way you can buy the battery from tri state battery warehouse at https://www.tristatebattery.com
for 84.99 that includes shipping it is the ytx 20 ch-bs yuasa i cut out the middle man and saved 50 percent

Old 05-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, excellent info.
I will check the voltage as well.
Have you heard of anyone with a newer KingQuad having any of the same difficulties.
I've asked around to the dealers and all are claiming ignorance.
Like mine is the only machine having trouble.

Old 05-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have not heard of anyone having any problems but if you look at the topics in the last week in the forum area there was about 10 people discussing it on this message post look at yesterdays post. suzuki will eventually have to face this problem because there are too many people complaining including one guy getting a lawyer. let me know how yours turns out

Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi i just bought a 2007 king quad with 40 engine hours on it and guess what it was on its second battery soon to be its third i think. it has a battery tender on it but that does not always to the trick. Suzuki says its a good chance its the ecm but im not sold on that idea . i noticed the batery was low on water could not even see any above the cells so i added and recharged it helped for now but the end is near i think. I also think the voltage should be around mid 13 to 14 volts but not for sure. what i seen on mine was around 13 idleing but when all light's turn on voltage falls as low as 12.4-12.5 volts which still could be the batterys falt ive seen batterys do some really strange stuff before when they have a bad cell. but far as the 4 wheeler goes it has good power if i ever get to the bottom of this issue i will have no problems. Does any one know were a voltage regulator can be bought online other than suzuki or is that a dealer item and about were the running voltage should be at.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

i think it is between 13 and 14 volts i went to ebay and bought me a cd for my 700 king quad and i think shipping and everything was 12 dollars and it has everything that you would want to know for your king quad my particular manual has 479 pages of useful information including on how to check the regulator right down to specs on torque for the air cleaner the paper manual is 73 dollars i like the cd better because that i can just print off the page that i need go to ebay and type in lta 700 king quad full service repair manual

Old 07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey bud , i bought one used off an 05 king quad on ebay that had been wrecked with very low hours and in great shape . It did'nt fit my bike . I,m willing to sell it cheap if your interested . What kind plug do your's have ? Is it male or female and does it have wires with a plug or just the female plug on the rectifier ? If want you can call me with any questions @ 832-767-9624 Thanks, Rene