Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Hummer of ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 01:22 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WILL SETTLE ALL YOUR DISPUTES. I'VE BEEN TO MARENGO SWAMP, HOME OF SOME OF THE BADDEST 4X4's ON EARTH, SEVERAL TIMES. IF YOU PLAN TO VAMP, SNORK, LIFT, LOCK, ETC. ONLY A FEW QUADS CAN BE CLASSIFIED AS A HUMMER. A POLARIS CAN'T BECAUSE ONCE YOU LOCK THE OTHER QUADS THE TRUE 4WD IS NOT A FACTOR, NEED I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THERE RELIABILITY. A KAWASAKI, NOT SINCE THEY BANNED THE BAYOU 400. A SUZUKI/ARTIC CAT, SINCE THEY'RE THE SAME BIKE, NOPE THEY'RE STILL LAGGING BEHIND THE TOP DOGS. IN MY MANY TRAVELS OUT TO THE SWAMP ONLY THREE BIKES CAN COME UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS. THE 450 FOREMAN (RELIABILITY)
THE 600 GRIZZLY (POWER,POWER,POWER)
THE 400 FOREMAN (RELIABILITY)
I DONT KNOW WHY THESE BIKES DOMINATE OVER THE OTHERS SO MUCH BUT THEY DO. DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A SCRAMBLER. A 4X4 WITHOUT RACKS IS LIKE A TRUCK WITHOUT A BED. IF ANYONE DISPUTES ME, THE RIDE IS JUNE 3
IN HEBERT, LA. ALL THE INFO IS ON THE "WHERE TO RIDE" FORUM. LOOK UNDER "SWAMP RUN" OPENED BY SWAMPMONSTER. AND FOR MAX, SHUT UP.

------------------

Old 01-09-2000, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

What does the racks have to do with performance? The Scrambler has the same engine as the Sportsman and if that doesn't perform just as well as the sportman, its better. I assume they have the same 4x4 system too.

Evan,
Please adhere to the ATV Connection Forum guidelines regarding embedded graphics/gimmicks. They take up too much bandwidth which could otherwise be used for posting text messages.
ATVBBS

Evan Johnson 400EX/LT250R

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-09-2000, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer

THE SCRAMBLER IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN HAS A CHAIN ON THE BACK. BETTER KNOWN AS CONCENTRIC DRIVE SYSTEM. MUD AND CHAIN, NOT A GOOD MIX, NOT WHEN YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF SHAFT DRIVE. RACKS ARE IMPORTANT FOR DEER,TENTS,COOLERS,GAS TANKS,ETC. I JUST CANT SEE THE HUMMER OF QUADS NOT HAVING A RACK. AND I FORGOT A SCRAMBLER IS A POLARIS.

Old 01-09-2000, 01:44 AM
Range Rover

thats a good point about hte chain. i didn't think about it. but what does having to haul around a deer or a cooler have to do with off roading? w"ell, ma, goin to the pit. u know where the deer is? i need him on the back to tackel those mud pits?" whats wrong with polaris? y in gods name would u be anto polaris? there are just the 2nd best sellnig atv out there. if anybody is that dumb to make fun of atvs, they better own the best selling one a honda.

Evan,
Please adhere to the ATV Connection Forum guidelines regarding embedded graphics/gimmicks. They take up too much bandwidth which could otherwise be used for posting text messages.
ATVBBS

Old 01-09-2000, 03:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Turn your damn caps lock off! That is about as annoying as Max is.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 01-09-2000, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

Ryda,Sorry it took so long to reply anyway yes I've done the Crown King trip quite a bit as a matter of fact me and my wife just did it yesterday we left about 8:00am and hung around in CK for a while,ate and did some further riding on top of Crown King itself and since there was snow we just had to do the trek back to HorseThief Basin lake it was an awesome day I must say however we got started back kinda late and ended up riding about an hour and a half in the dark back to our truck man was it cold.If your really intrested in doing this ride e-mail me at tjsolmon1@yahoo.com and perhaps we'll hit it up soon.What do you ride?If you want to go this winter you need 4wheel drive.Anyway e-mail me and we'll talk more about supplies and stuff!

Old 01-09-2000, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

JUNE 3, BE THERE AND ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED. AS FOR THE DEER JOKE, YOU MUST BE A CITY BOY. I THOUGHT YOU WANTED A QUAD THAT COULD DO ANYTHING AND GO ANYWHERE. DOWN HERE IN THE SOUTH THAT IS ONE OF THERE DUTIES. WHY DONT YOU JUST STICK WITH YOUR RACIN BIKES AND LEAVE THE REAL ATV'n TO US.

LATER

Old 01-09-2000, 03:04 PM
Range Rover

I can tell that your a newbie. The caps really give it away and the way you come off as a person that thinks he knows it all, you seem to pass judgement on other riders, and come off as somebody that hates ATVs(ie leave the real ATVing to us and oh yeah its a Polaris). A, I'm not a "city boy", B. whats real ATVing?, and C. what does hunting have to do with ATVing?

Ps- Loose those caps!!!

Evan,
ATVBBS

Old 01-09-2000, 03:07 PM
Range Rover

Oh yeah, newbies normally start fights, thats anothre point. Rarley does a newvie come here and acutally look fro info and suggest stuff. keyword suggest, not tell or force

Evan,
ATVBBS

Old 01-09-2000, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

I CAN SEE YOU CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
ALL I WAS DOING WAS GIVING YOU MY OPINION
JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO STARTED WITH THE REDNECK JOKES.
I CAN ALSO SEE YOU'VE HAD YOUR MIND MADE UP ABOUT WHICH QUAD YOU WANT FOR SOMETIME
NOW. YOUR TITLE SHOULD'VE BEEN "WHAT IS THE BEST SPORT 4X4 OUT THERE".

LATER

Quick Reply: Hummer of ATVs