Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Hummer of ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2000, 06:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do u mean reasoned with? You are not here to sell or persudade me to buy an ATV. You are here to tell me pros and cons and what an ATV can/can't do from EXPERIENCE. Wrong, you were not giving your opinion to me, you were telling me what to buy. How so? "I will settle all your disputes", you didn't not settle a dispute, you created one. I did not make a redneck joke. I made a joke. How does it come off as a redneck joke. What, only people in the south can call their mother "ma" and go riding in a place called the "pit"? I have not had my mind up on an ATV. If anything, it has shifted alittle with every post from Yamaha, to Polaris, to Suzuki, to Honda, etc. My title shouldn't have been "whats the best sport ATV" I aksed for what is the Hummer of ATVs. When I ask Hummer, I ask for a ATV the out performs another ATV in every situation almost. I think going thorught a trail faster or going throught mud or going up a hill faster counts as out performing. Don't you? I think I address everything you have stated.

Evan,
Please adhere to the ATV Connection Forum guidelines regarding embedded graphics/gimmicks. They take up too much bandwidth which could otherwise be used for posting text messages.
ATVBBS

Evan Johnson 400EX/LT250R

[This message has been edited by Design_Engineer (edited 01-09-2000).]

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-09-2000, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

HOW OLD ARE YOU? YOU'VE GOT TO BE A TEENAGER.

Old 01-09-2000, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

Im old enough to know better but younge enought to ride hard.

Evan,
Please adhere to the ATV Connection Forum guidelines regarding embedded graphics/gimmicks. They take up too much bandwidth which could otherwise be used for posting text messages.
ATVBBS

Evan Johnson 400EX/LT250R

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-09-2000, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

I WILL SETTLE ALL YOUR DISPUTES. I'VE BEEN TO MARENGO SWAMP, HOME OF SOME OF THE BADDEST 4X4's ON EARTH, SEVERAL TIMES. IF YOU PLAN TO VAMP, SNORK, LIFT, LOCK, ETC. ONLY A FEW QUADS CAN BE CLASSIFIED AS A HUMMER. A POLARIS CAN'T BECAUSE ONCE YOU LOCK THE OTHER QUADS THE TRUE 4WD IS NOT A FACTOR, NEED I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THERE RELIABILITY. A KAWASAKI, NOT SINCE THEY BANNED THE BAYOU 400. A SUZUKI/ARTIC CAT, SINCE THEY'RE THE SAME BIKE, NOPE THEY'RE STILL LAGGING BEHIND THE TOP DOGS.

Maybe you need to travel to WV to see who is lagging...give me a break

IN MY MANY TRAVELS OUT TO THE SWAMP ONLY THREE BIKES CAN COME UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS. THE 450 FOREMAN (RELIABILITY)
THE 600 GRIZZLY (POWER,POWER,POWER)

Power, if it has so much power how come the Artic Cat has more horsepower and torque than the grizzly. If I wanted to ride a while and sit and wait on the bike to cool down or even start I would have bought a grizzly.

THE 400 FOREMAN (RELIABILITY)
I DONT KNOW WHY THESE BIKES DOMINATE OVER THE OTHERS SO MUCH BUT THEY DO. DONT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A SCRAMBLER. A 4X4 WITHOUT RACKS IS LIKE A TRUCK WITHOUT A BED. IF ANYONE DISPUTES ME, THE RIDE IS JUNE 3
IN HEBERT, LA. ALL THE INFO IS ON THE "WHERE TO RIDE" FORUM. LOOK UNDER "SWAMP RUN" OPENED BY SWAMPMONSTER. AND FOR MAX, SHUT UP.

------------------

Old 01-09-2000, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

GET OUT OF UTILITY, GO TO YAMAHA, AND LOOK UNDER "IF YOU HAVE A 4X4 CHECK THIS OUT". MY COMMENTS ABOUT THE ARTIC CAT ARE ON THE 2nd PAGE.

Old 01-10-2000, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Boner,
You may be right about the Scouts, Blazers etc not being stock. But think of all the Jeeps etc. you can buy with one Hummer. Besides, Hummers are still overated.

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 01-11-2000, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

I read your article in the yamaha forum and I think you need to have that cat checked out. I guess they do articles on the torque of machines just for the fun of it...give me a break. Yamaha could learn a lot from Artic cat like semi independant suspension, more torque and horsepower out of a 500cc engine, disc brakes shall I go on Grizz being a hummer hahahahahaha

------------------

Old 01-11-2000, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Actually i am his son,but who cares because i know more than him any way.i ride his polars expedition 425 all the time and i read the magazines and from what i can teel from the other peoples posts is that the exp. 425 is the best. it goes 57 m.p.h. with me on it. it's a 5 speed manual and has a great 4x4
system. so buy one of those if yo want a go any where killer with speed.

[This message has been edited by rangerchet (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-11-2000, 11:37 PM
Trailblazer

THE AC WAS IN PERFECT CONDITION. LIKE I SAID, WHAT GOES ON IN THE FEILD AND ON PAPER CAN BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT.I'LL AGREE THE AC DOES HAVE A SUPER SMOOTH RIDE. BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE EXPOSED DRIVE SHAFT UNLIKE THE GRIZZ. AS FAR AS THE ENGINE AC HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT. SUZUKI MAKES IT. IN ALL REALITY WHAT YOU HAVE IS A 500QUADRUNNER, SAME MOTOR AND SUSPENSION.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE PLASTIC AND A ROCKER SHIFTER. TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:
THE GRIZZ DOESNT NEED A ROCKER SHIFTER
AND THE PLASTIC IS ALREADY (TO ME ANYWAY)
THE SHARPEST ON THE TRAIL. AND IF I HAD TO PICK NEW PLASTIC THE AC WOULDNT BE MY FIRST CHOICE.

LATER

Old 01-12-2000, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

When u say it couldn't pull the stand up, what was limiting it? Are u saying it couldn't spin the tires? What gear was he in? What range?

I have pulled an 8000-lb truck with my Arctic Cat 500. When me and a 450s with 27" Mud Bugs had a pull off we BROKE a 10,000 lb strap, that was a week old.

Quick Reply: Hummer of ATVs