Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Hummer of ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2000, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't you post a pic of your rig? If you can post one of where you placed your snorkel at it's highest point. Mainly interested in where it is routed in proximity to the handlebars or front rack. Do you have the exhaust snorkeled, too?
Thanks

Old 01-07-2000, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Hey TxDoc2!

Yeah I've got some pictures from the past. The ones posted are before the Snorkel was completed. I think at the time they were taken I still had to run lines for the differentials and the brakes, and finish painting it. They were also before the lift, locker and wheel spacers. I did bring the camera home this weekend so I will be adding some tommorrow hopefully.

breifcase.yahoo.com/waynemcclellen

"LOCK 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM!!!"
SwampMonster

1999 Foreman 450S Locked, Lifted, Vamped, Snorkeled, and did I mention widened? (wheel spacers)

[This message has been edited by SwampMonster (edited 01-07-2000).]

Old 01-07-2000, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

explorer,
You said you ride that ride from pleasant to crown king?Is that a nice ride?I used to know a guy who used to ride that trip every weekend on a ATC 200Bigred.Where does that trip start,how do u get there?I really would like to take that trip sometime.What kind of supplies do u need?Please respond.

Old 01-08-2000, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

From hearing these posts I think the Scrambler 500, Grizzly, FOreman 450, and the suzuki are good contenders. I agree with swampmonster, modifications will happen!!! What does we all think of the Parie(spelling)

Evan,
Please adhere to the ATV Connection Forum guidelines regarding embedded graphics/gimmicks. They take up too much bandwidth which could otherwise be used for posting text messages.
ATVBBS

Evan Johnson 400EX/LT250R

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-08-2000, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

That has got to be the ugliest quad I have ever seen( even tho my Arctic Cat isin't the pretties lokking quad). It looks like they made te plastic before the frame, because the tires are so close to the fenders. It doesn't have any power in high, it has a suck-@zz shifter, plastic racks, and did I mention It's ugly.

If you want speed, I think the Foreman is out of the question. My buddy's 450s can't keep up with my Arctic Cat 500, and mine only does 58mph.

I think your best bet would be to either pick the Grizzly or the Scrambler. They are both very fast and I have heard that they are even better in the mud.

Old 01-08-2000, 11:23 AM
Trailblazer

Well BONER I don't think a Hummer will have a chance against my Z-71 if you want to talk about speed. But if we're talking about places it can go the Hummer wins hands down. Also,in my opinion, if you're worried about top end speed then you bought the wrong type of 4 wheeler. You need to be into the Sport/High performance scene. I personally am not interested in how fast my machine goes top end. I'm glad I'm not either because between the locked front end and the Vampires (Which that combo will take you almost anywhere you want to go) the machine does not ride "normal" at high speed. So I think that if you're wanting to crown a "King" of ATV's by comparing it to a Hummer then you're barking up the wrong tree about speed.

SwampMonster

1999 Foreman 450S Locked, Lifted, Vamped, Snorkeled, and did I mention widened? (wheel spacers)

Old 01-08-2000, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

The only thing I would need speed for is getting from one spot toanother on the fire trails. I only has to be like 45mph

Evan,
Please adhere to the ATV Connection Forum guidelines regarding embedded graphics/gimmicks. They take up too much bandwidth which could otherwise be used for posting text messages.
ATVBBS

Evan Johnson 400EX/LT250R

[This message has been edited by atvbbs (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-08-2000, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

Well I know first hand that my 450S will do 45 mph. Maybe not much more but it will do 45!

SwampMonster

Old 01-08-2000, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

I've seen Scouts, Jeeps, Blazers, & even a Susuki Samari do better off road than a Hummer. So maybe because of the little 'Zuki I should nominate the Polaris Explorer 250 4x4
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 01-08-2000, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, you have seen MODIFIED Scouts, Jeeps, Blazers, and Suzuki Samari's do better, compare a stock one to a stock Hummer. The only thing those other vehicles have is the width.

Quick Reply: Hummer of ATVs