Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Battle Scars

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2000, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may not go anywhere but I wondering what
type of injuries yalls 4x4s have suffered. My 98 grizzly has had a 45 degree bend in rear rack after flipping it, ripped out my tabs holding my rear fender flares on by trying to move a full size pine tree out of a path. Bent my stock floorboard up a few inches on a log. Drowned it out in a pond, ripped my front fender flares halfway off somehow, shoved my front bumper in by winching uphill to a tree and then catching traction and hitting it. Ripped out my front axle after busting a cv joint the first ride after locker install. Well, that was the first 6 months.

Justin
98 griz
at least it still cranks

Old 01-29-2000, 12:49 AM
Trailblazer

Well, let's see here!!!

Well the left side of the rear rack tilts downward slightly due to a mid-turn rollover resulting from some MX style tricks (sliding around a corner) after I installed the locker. BIG MISTAKE (sliding)!!!! You can't pitch it out like an 'R! I started around the corner and the front end caught under full throttle, and , WHAMMMM!!! Straight to the ditch and I went tumbling the other direction. Unfortunately it was cold out, dark, and I was right in front of my wifes grandmothers house. Not to mention late at night. So she comes flying out of the house yelling "Is that you?" So of course I said "Yes ma'am. I'm fine!" And I spent the next 30 minutes trying to fire it back up.

The only other thing I can think of is the front skid plate. It has taken a pretty bad beating also. I guess the next thing I purchase will be a front bash plate and a skid plate.

P.S.: Trust me guys, you CAN"T run MX races with 27X12X12 Vampires and a front end locker!

"KEEP THE MUD SLINGIN'!!!"
SwampMonster

Old 01-29-2000, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

I know your pain. No more pitching the rear end around after locker. No more sport in my grizzly. Oh well, I guess I'll just compete w/ you for the Ultimate Muddin' atv. Now if can just snorkel that darn transmission and intake.

Old 01-29-2000, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

I had my GRIZZ less than 3 months before I had my first spill. I am from Columbia, La. and around my house theres nothing but mud, mud, mud. But I took my GRIZZ up to S.C. last August to ride with a buddy.
He owns a Banshee and the first place he goes to is hills. The first one I climb, I get about 1/2 way up and the front end starts to come up, after that all I could
do is jump and watch my GRIZZ go tumbling 100ft down what I would call a Mt. When I got down to her, she was upside down. Handle bars down by the shifter, all the racks and plastic buckled behind the wheels, and the speedo was crushed. I tipped her back over, pulled the bars upright, hit the start button and she fired right up. Drove it back to my buddies house, hooked a com-a-long in a tree and to all 4 corners of my quad. Got in the middle of my racks and started jumping. I bent them back out straigt, it didnt break any plastic, it did pop two plastic screws out but other than that she was good as new. We went riding for 40 miles that day. Never had to take to the shop. 4x4's of today are hardcore.