Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Help Choose my next ATV

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Choose my next ATV

I know i have this posted somewere else in the site but i feel i would get more feedback on this subject.

Anyways im lookin for a backwoods ATV, hunting, trail riding, ect.

Want something thats gonna be RELAIBLE and long lasting... dont need something to snap or break in the backwoods hunting alone.

My choices are the

Polaris Sportsman800- the front storage really caught my atttention same with looks.

Suzuki quad king 750axi- Apprenly these are reliable? and good bang for the buck but i donno?

Honda Foreman 500- lots have said these are reliable. lackin some options tho. which do you think i dont need or need them?

Only reason for not gettin a grizz or Can am is here in Ontario they are almost double the price of the other makes.

Any input would be great thanks

Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I can't speak for most, but I would say I agree with Suzuki's being reliable. I've owned an '03 Suzuki Eiger since new and its always been a good quad. I have just about 2k miles on it and it is still going strong. I've plowed every winter with it, rolled it over once, trail ridden and it just still keeps ticking. It hasn't always been perfect had a few problems here and there, but has always been good to me overall.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:41 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I live in Ontario, you can get a 450 or 550 grizzly for less then a 800 Sportsman . Much more reliable and has every option worth having also. The Honda would be reliable but thats because you cant break what you do not have, (Low range,water cooled with water pumps,rad or rad fan,diff lock and with no IRS it has 4 less cv boots and Cv joints, but its down on power for a 500 class ATV with its OHV motor.

A 500 KQ has more power and feature as well.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by TLC
I live in Ontario, you can get a 450 or 550 grizzly for less then a 800 Sportsman . Much more reliable and has every option worth having also. The Honda would be reliable but thats because you cant break what you do not have, (Low range,water cooled with water pumps,rad or rad fan,diff lock and with no IRS it has 4 less cv boots and Cv joints, but its down on power for a 500 class ATV with its OHV motor.

A 500 KQ has more power and feature as well.
Honda Foreman for 2012 has fuel injection,water cooled.Honda Rubicon has the Hondamatic tranny which has low range or can be shifted manually for even more control,water cooled.Straight axle in both machines will handle a load better,though not as cushy of a ride if that matters. No belts in either tranny mean even more reliability. Honda's don't have all the bells and whistles, but will ALWAYS get you home.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

I will say that belts are very reliable, especially Yamaha ones. I wouldn't count out a belt driven machine I know people who have put thousands of miles on the belt the ATV came with from the factory with.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Rancher247
I will say that belts are very reliable, especially Yamaha ones. I wouldn't count out a belt driven machine I know people who have put thousands of miles on the belt the ATV came with from the factory with.
This is true just pointing out what the Honda does and doesn't have.Like a cvt tranny.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Post Re:

I think you should buy Honda ATV. Because i heard some good market review about it.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hondas are essentially 3 wheel drive which is something to consider. They just won't add a locking front differential for some reason despite their dealers screaming about it for 15 or 20 years now.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Range Rover

I believe the technology and competition in the atv industry has made most name brand atv's pretty reliable. Determine how you are going to use a machine and which one will best meet that need. I think your selection should also be based on the options that you like the best and the quality of local dealer support.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

All the bikes you listed sound like good bikes, I've heard Polaris makes nice quads- so no wonder it caught your eye. I've got a friend with a Suzuki KingQuad, they love it. As to the Honda, another friend has one. Theyre a good bike too, usually reliable but they've had some minor issues with it.

Quick Reply: Help Choose my next ATV