Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

SuperWinch v. Warn ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2000, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K, I know this question really dosent have a right or wrong answear. But what is everyones opinion on what winch is better? A SuperWinch or Warn? Im looking at the 2000lb in both brands, and want to get any opinions on why you think one is better than the other??

Old 02-18-2000, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Warn and my riding Buddy has the superwinch. I bought the Warn because of their reputation. Both have worked flawlessly. So,in my oppinion,buy the superwinch and save yourself about 100 bucks.

Old 02-18-2000, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buy the one you like better! They're both good!

Warn A2000 has a more powerful motor, faster line speed, uses a flat-mount rotary switch, is heavier, draws more current, brake an extra-cost option, costs more.

SuperWinch ATV2000 uses a smaller motor (more gear reduction), has a handlebar-mounted rocker switch, is lighter, draws less current, and comes with an internal spring brake standard, costs less.

You choose, you can't go wrong with either.

Tree Farmer

P.S. Get a ****** block with either!

T.F.

Old 02-18-2000, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

Actually, the mount I bought from Suzuki is designed for the superwinch 2000. But I think? with minor mods I could get the warn 2000 to fit. Thus the question. I have friends who use both, but it seems the warn has a better reputation? But for simplicity sake, I might be leaning towards the superwinch. That way it will fir the mount/area for the winch better, its cheaper, etc. Just wanted to get opinions on what people had to say! Thanks people for the info thus far!

Old 02-18-2000, 06:17 PM
Range Rover

Bloodtrail if you got the mount for your 500 from Suzuki then it should be like the one I returned a few days ago when I got my Moose winch mount. The Suzuki mount will fit either Warn or Superwinch but if you ever want a snowplow it won't work. You can only have a snowplow or winch not both if you use the Suzuki factory mount because it hangs down too far and is too bulky. It's gonna really reduce your approach angle too whenever you encounter a steep hill or a dip. Get the Moose mount, it's a little cheaper and it comes with a roller fairlead and it mounts behind your bumper and all you have to do is mount the bumper forward 1 5/8". I just put my Warn A2000 on with the Moose mount yesterday on my 500 Quadrunner and it looks good and fits perfectly and it barely sticks out at all so it won't affect your approach angle. I myself opted for the better reputation of longetivity and the making of good winches for a long time versus spending a little less money. If you want a Warn A2000 look at www.truckaddons.com, they have them for $259. If you need the part number for the winch mount let me know.

Old 02-18-2000, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

VENOMOUS, The mount I bought came from a Canadian Suzuki dealer and it is different than the U.S mount! It is the same one on the front of r34's quad. He helped me locate one. It is a EXCELLENT mount and I might just get the superwinch since the mount is designed for it. But I think I can get a Warn to work!? Im still looking into that!

Old 02-18-2000, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have a superwinch 2000 on my 450. I had a superwinch 1500 on my 300 and had no problems with either one. Only thing to watch out for is the switches that can fail. My 2000lb winch has a "updated" switch on it. I went to fleet farm and bought my 2000lb for $150 on sale. Regular price is only $176. 1500lb only costs $129. Bought my mount there for $76 and ****** block was $15. Warn makes good winches but I couldn't see spending $300 for one for my needs. My dealer didn't sell warn winches but they wanted to sell me a 1500lb winch and mount for "only" $350.

Old 02-18-2000, 11:07 PM
r34
Pro Rider

Just a note... The Suzuki Snow Plow Kit for the LT-F500 Quadrunner ( Part # 99950-64591 ) does not require a winch to operate. It is designed to use the Suzuki Manual Lift Kit ( Part # 99950-64591-100 ).

Old 02-18-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you got a good buy and have a good setup.

The SuperWinch ATV2000 tested with a stall pull of 2400 # after 9 hours total immersion; my SuperWinch ATV1500 has been in constant service since 1978.

Regardless of performance, durability, and price, I'm convinced customers often buy the brand they want independent of these factors. I have no problem with brand preferences at all; since the customer is paying the money, he should be satisfied with his purchase.

And you got a ****** block! Great! If 4800 pounds of extraction force won't pull you out, man! You ARE stuck!

Tree Farmer

Old 02-19-2000, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

r34 I didn't mean you couldn't use the winch to lift the plow. I meant with the factory winch mount on there is no room for a snow plow to be mounted if you decided to get one. You either have a winch or a snow plow not both. I didn't know that the mount you got bloodtrail was a Canadian model. I know the one I had for a few days was a fit both brand model. It had mounting holes for a Superwinch and a Warn because I made sure after getting the mount 70 some odd miles away from where I got the winch it would fit before I went all the way home only to see that it didn't fit. If I remember correctly I saw a pic of a Canadian mount and the Moose will mount it further behind the bumper and protrude less but I'm not exactly sure on that but it looks as if so.

Quick Reply: SuperWinch v. Warn ???