Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

polaris yamaha kawasaki which one???????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris yamaha kawasaki which one???????

If you can ride them all and the chose will be obvious.

Old 03-12-2003, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I've had my grizz almost ayear and couldn't be happier. I could have bought any wheeler I wanted and I haven't regreted it once. my best friend bought a polaris 500ho at the same time and he likes it to but.. he's already smoked the belt and has to be more careful around deep water because if he floods the clutch its a digger to dry out. it back fires quite of often in the mud. I've had none of these problems and I ride harder.!!

Old 03-13-2003, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

my 1996 Polaris Magnum 425 4x4 dose not need daily check ups i dont know what you are smoking or what polaris atv you own BadBoyDS but i only check oil and other fluids and tire air preshure once a month. And the whole belt bit, i have never had a problem with it as people have said before if you are pulling heavy loads put it in low and it is just fine. the snowmobile clutch you talk about it is a good system. why do you think all snowmobile makers use a clutch because it is good at pulling heavy loads that are bing moved on a big rubber track why not go over kill on a great snowmobile clutch on a atv? i have never had a problem with my snowmobiles clutch because i take cair of it. i dont cair what you say the sportsmen 500 is the best atv for your money. i love my 96 Magnum.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2003, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

they all got good points and all got bad issues... It's really up to you what want. Go and leave your silly silcon chip and test drive em and see what you think. When you use the silcon chip to help you make your decison it sometimes get harder because a grizz driver is going to see his bike different that someone watching him, same with kawi, and Polaris so here is my .0002 cents on the kawi as a P650 driver because it's the inside that counts.

First the power is good/great if you want more try a vet. The 2-4 switch I love and will always have, the lock on the 650 is amazing. The pulling power is good/fine The water in the belt is not an issue, if you travel in the deep water look at an argo not an atv... no atv should go over the wheels however I did have mine deeper once and it did fine. I love the auto trany and I don't think I will go back to standard because it's always in the right gear etc. I do feel that the 650 does have too much power for the clutch design but they are getting better and you can do things like black spring etc.. to take care of that (very small additional investment that might not be required.. I never modified mine clutch yet). Low range is a must for hauling and P650 has as nice one. I like the overide for reverse which allows more power in reverse for pulling backwards etc... , and the center of grav is really good. It is great on trails, and it will plow snow very aggressively too. Going to the trails it is smooth steers nice very nible and it doesn't tear you to pieces like 450 forman. On the trail, where I am the most, I would rate it a 20 out of a scale from 1 to 10, It is a lot better than I expected and I would not trade because of this factor, if you are happy with something... why change it? I have a lot of miles on mine (14500km 740hrs) and if I had to buy another the only difference would be the camo, ( and I don't even care for apperance I'm more intersted in want it can do but for some reason the camo is nice to me and it looks a lot better when it is off the show room floor). I also put 24000km on a 98 400 kawi so I feel it will outlast the average rider, and the 650 is stronger than the 400. I feel the maintence level on the P650 is good, but your dealer is important factor as well. Stuff like adjusting the belt on the 650 is as easy as checking your oil and you will not have to do it often; if you are not easy on your bike and you will need to adjust it more than if you are easy on it (like everything). I like the solid axle less maintence better for towing and the ride is fine with out it and it is predictable; I fould my suzuki 300 did not like the steep of chambers. Floorboards are good, light at night is good but personally I like the pod light on hondas/polaris, I'm putting one on the P650 soon but you really don't need it. The P650 has a pull cord and decompression chamber but it can start hard at times but once it's going it's fine, (I find some others with out pull cords now). There are no greese fitings on the 650, you can check the oil easy, it's easy to clean. On the cleaning side I find the radiator/fan bigger on the 650 but you have to keep just as clean as the others; I like the cooling system on the bombadier and I would look at the traxter as well. Warrenties are getting to the same, all/most including kawi have 3-5 years extended plans now. Just to recap, you will be happy on the 650 but go and drive it because it's your investment. If you want to ask me questions on the kawi PM me.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] good luck

Old 03-13-2003, 08:33 AM
Trailblazer

Check The Bolts On Belt Cover, Alot Comes From The Factory Not Tight.

I've Seen Some Not Even Having A Gasket ! And You've Got To Use Low Gear In The Mud , It Takes Alot Of Power And Is Hard On Any Belt. Low Runs Cooler Also !

Old 03-15-2003, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer

Predator03, I actually am enjoying this debate, And I'm not saying that the Polaris is a bad Machine at all. I just think there are better.

As for driver error on the low range belt issue, there was none. The bikes in question were always in low range in the situations mentioned. Maybe Polaris has changed something, this I wouldn't be sure of. these bikes are a 99 500 sportsman Reminton Edition, and a 2000 standard 500 sportsman.

Oh and by the way, I like the american made point and is usually a selling point for me, BUT if you look at an actual tag where the serial number is it says MADE IN CANADA!! he he You might want to look on yours!

I need to monitor these posts more often, damn work!!

Old 03-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Trailblazer

Dam,Kawi650 !!!!!

Old 03-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Range Rover

My Kodiak and Beartracker were both made in USA. The parts may come from someplace else but they were built in the good ol USA. If you want to get technical polaris and arctic cat motors are made out of the USA, but put together here also.

Old 03-15-2003, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

Oh ok so some polaris parts are made elsewhere. Yippie I guess that noone should feel bad for not ever buying american again. I mean who cares its not your jobs on the line right. Well it may be someday, at least the money spent on polaris stays in the US. Even if every part isn't made in America. Sometimes you people make me sick!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I offended you but don't use the excuse that not every part on every polaris is made in America so as to make yourself feel better for not even trying.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: friedenspull
Oh ok so some polaris parts are made elsewhere. Yippie I guess that noone should feel bad for not ever buying american again. I mean who cares its not your jobs on the line right. Well it may be someday, at least the money spent on polaris stays in the US. Even if every part isn't made in America. Sometimes you people make me sick!!!!!!!!! Sorry if I offended you but don't use the excuse that not every part on every polaris is made in America so as to make yourself feel better for not even trying.
I know exactly how you feel brother.

Scott

Quick Reply: polaris yamaha kawasaki which one???????