Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

problems with cycle country remote winch switches

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with cycle country remote winch switches

Has anyone had problems with the handlebar mounted winh switch for Cycle Country?
My original one burnt out after 1 year (the points on the electrical pegs inside switch would literelly burn up so they were flat). I then got anither switch from Napa that worked for awhile then didn't and then iI got another CC switch and that one proceeded to burn up. Well now I am a bit upset and contact CC and they say they have a conversion kit that will resolve the problem. Would have been nice to get that the first time!

Just was curious if others had similiar experiences and wanted to give a heads up to others about the problem.

Old 03-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with cycle country remote winch switches

I had the saem thing happen. The CC switch is pretty lame.

I went to Radio Shack and bought a heavy duty switch. I'm not sure of the exact nomenclature but it is a spring to center/off switch. The calse person should know what to give you. But one of the small plastic project cases to mount the switch inside. Get a rubber switch cover to keep debris out of the switch. Using a grommet around the wires will keep debris from getting in the other side. Fabricate a bracket to keep the switch within reach of your thumb. The CC switch was mounted too far away and I had to take my hand off the handlebar to move the plow. Not when I do the fabricating!

The RS has fewer moving parts and much stouter than the CC.

Tom