Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

AM I SAFE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM I SAFE?

I NEED TO KNOW IF I AM SAFE RAMPING MY RINCON, ABOUT 5 FEET IS THE HIGHST I TAKE THE TIRES OFF THE GROUND. ALSO IS IT SAFE TO TAKE A PASSENGER ON IT GOING AT HIGH SPEED. WHAT I MEAN IS IT GOOD AT NOT FLIPING OVER?

Old 05-10-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default AM I SAFE?

Well, you didn't provide enough details to tell whether you are "safe" or not. The Rincon can handle the jumps alright. It isn't necessarily designed to be a jumping machine though. You are always more likely to break something if you use it in a way other than what it was intended for. Do you wear a helmet, and protective riding gear? This is a must if you plan on riding that aggressively. As for taking a passenger along at high speeds...NO! The Rincon can handle it, but you may not be able to, and your passenger may suffer because of it. One mistake or bad decision on your part could seriously hurt or even kill that passenger just because you want to show off a little. Remember...ATV's aren't designed for 2 people. A couple of the new ones on the market are, but most aren't. The Rincon is a lot of machine for someone your age. Respect it's size and power, and you'll have many years of enjoyment out of it.

Old 05-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default AM I SAFE?

I think 5 feet is a little much for that Rincon, and will eventually damage the frame/suspension/you. I also would avoid high speeds with a passanger. Every time you have two people on something you raise the center of gravity considerably. I would ride less aggresively with a passanger and always AT LEAST wear a helmet. Never jump any more than your experience.

Old 05-10-2003, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AM I SAFE?

WELL UHH I HAVE ACTUALLY HAD A LITTLE 80 QUADSPORT ( NOT MUCH OF AN ATV ) AND I HAVE HAD IT FOR ABOUT 2 1/2 YEARS AND I STARTED RAMPING IT RIGHT AS I SAW MY BROTHER RAMP IT! ( THE DAY I GOT IT )! AND SINCE THIS YEAR I MOVED TO DALLAS AND THERE IS A FIELD BEHIND MY HOUSE WITH BIG RAMPS AND IVE BEEN RAMPING IT OUT THERE! JUST WONDING BECAUSE MY RINCON IS A LOT BIGER THAN MY LITTLE 80! I DONT CONCIDER MY 80 AN ATV!

Old 05-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default AM I SAFE?

Bigquadboy, Click on the faq button up top and read rule 4.

Old 05-10-2003, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AM I SAFE?

yo my boy nccracin im sorry bout that! ill try to keep it lookin better!

Old 05-10-2003, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default AM I SAFE?

No problem, I figured I let you know before someone else came on and gave you hell for it. I have seen a few guys post rude remarks when they see it... Also welcome to the forum.

Old 05-11-2003, 10:20 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AM I SAFE?

Sounds like you needed a 400EX instead of a Rincon.No Utillity machine will hold up long jumping them.

Old 05-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default AM I SAFE?

you know i would like one of them 400ex but i like the looks and the type of atv that the rincon is! i guess i can go with out ramping! but i stull would like to go in the mud! some of my friends said that the mud and water is a bad place for the rincon cus it stalls and that the grizzly doesnt!

Old 05-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default AM I SAFE?

Why does it stall? It shouldn't stall until you sink the snorkel and hydrolock it. This can damage the motor. If it's electrical connectors you need to put dielectic grease in them, and the spark plug boot.

Quick Reply: AM I SAFE?