Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Guys who ruin it for everyone else!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 09:36 PM
kez
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys who ruin it for everyone else!

I think it is our responsibility to tell people if we see them littering to pick up there trash. I personally am not scared to approach someone if they are doing something stupid, because they are jeprodizing something I am not willing to give up, and those are the ATV trails on which I ride.

Old 05-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Pastor
Today in the Spokane newspaper there was an article that described damage to a traihead to a national forest. Idaho is already considering the removal of atvs during hunting season ....who is to blame? I think its time that all atv'rs start to hold guys accountable who mess it up for everyone else. Anyone out there feel like I do?

What was the damage to the trail head? Was it trash, deep ruts or what?
It all boils down to "education" and enforcement of the laws. Full accountability in this sport is impossible....unless every person takes it upon themselves to take care of things.....and that isn't gonna happen any time in the near future.
Every ATV'r and 4X4'r causes damage out there....getting a club together to educate is one thing. Getting people out there with rakes and shovels to repair the trails is another. Seeing a camp ground left with a bunch of trash on it is an eye sore...and it sucks. But thats not the
big picture.

Shane

Old 06-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

Although I think your've got the right goals, I don't know what kind of participation you could get from New Jersey riders. There is no legal riding of ATVs on state property in NJ.... at all... NONE.

The state has totally turned its back on us. And it's only a handful of small spots here and there that the local police look the other way that you can ride in NJ. Its fostering a mentality of being renegades, avoiding the police. Why register and insure your ATV when they can still ticket you or impound you for riding on a dirt road in a wildlife management area or NJ state forest?

Old 06-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Evidently according to the article, the damage WAS NOT done by atv's but by 4 wheel drive vehicles. However, the atv's were "lumped" together with these other machines because they were out there. This IS the problem. That we are viewed as being totally negligent of all that is good and decent in the outdoors. Something in our defense needs to happen quickly. Already, some hunters are getting their way during season to keep us out for the reason that we have a "unethical" advantage. I personally don't hunt ON my machine but use it as an opportunity to gain deeper access. The level of small mindedness out there is incredible. Obviously, it has to start with the individuals. But what if a bunch of us just "got together"?

Old 06-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Range Rover

What was the damage done by the 4x4's?....we are all off road people. There are jerks on quads just like there are jerks in 4x4's.

Old 06-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Evidently the damage was just excessive rutting in trail head areas. Although I agree with you that wer are "all" off road people, we are talking about mayhem where there appears to be alcohol use and what the article discribed as disregard for property. Just because I do ride a atv I don't know as I would lump all of us together. Unfortunately, This IS public perception of us.

Old 06-01-2003, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

All right guys here you go.....We better be turning in the no accounts that give the ORV sports a black eye!! We are our own best police. Just take the liciance # and and call it in if you dont want to confront them.
But do some thing! Because if you dont the greenies will...count on it! They are working daily thru the media and gov. to take OUR rights to ride OUR lands....you heard what Cow Saki is going thru in NJ do you guys want it in your state?

Here is a link to the Blue Ribbion Coalition We need to join and support groups like this that are strong enough to support us and our right to ride!!

If you guys dont think you'll loose your rights ...you need to know we loose land some where in th US every day...and there happy with it ...cuz its just like the frog in a pot of warm water....turning up the temp slowly he never knows whats goin on... till someones eatin frog legs!!

Ragged

Old 06-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Could somebody out there please name me an atv club who has fought for legislatively INCREASING the fines which are associated with all the behavior they like to complain about?

We have way too many people who like to talk about 'the law'.............but don't have much of a stomach for being blatantly associated with increasing fines that more fully support those who enforce it.

I'm beginning to be of the opinion that the atv community is one of the more hypocritical groups that are out there crying about their treatment........................................

Old 06-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Range Rover

What I see on a lot of the washes are big piles of junk dumped. The only way to get a pile that big their is with a truck as to if it is a 4x4 I don't know or really care. I'm sure who is drivin the truck isn't an off the road driver. Last week was going down the wash to some trails thought I would just drive around the big piles. Didn't see it being buried someone dumped small pieces of lumber with 8 and 16DD nails in it. Even with slime I still got two flats Hell yes I will turn someone in I see dumping

Old 06-01-2003, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

Fine the people who screw up not the good people having fun!!!

In Washington state you pay $8.50 per ORV tabs. I would pay double to help enfore the ORV places but Governer GridLOCKE will probaly put the extra money for a new bus line.......

Till then I will bring extra garbage bags for the unwelcome's mess[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Mike

Quick Reply: Guys who ruin it for everyone else!