Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Guys who ruin it for everyone else!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys who ruin it for everyone else!

Today in the Spokane newspaper there was an article that described damage to a traihead to a national forest. Idaho is already considering the removal of atvs during hunting season ....who is to blame? I think its time that all atv'rs start to hold guys accountable who mess it up for everyone else. Anyone out there feel like I do?

Old 05-31-2003, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

yup i do very much so our lil riding area at the red river will probably be closed soon because of all of the trash i always pick up my litter but hardly anyone else does it has already been closed once

Old 05-31-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with you Reverend; the #1 issue behind atv safety and training should certainly be law enforcement in this day and age.

I've lost track of how many times I've brought this issue up on every one of the major forums and have received little or no response that's worth repeating.

Try suggesting that:

ALL orv enthusiasts be required to display big, day-glo numbers on their vehicles.............

Clubs actually start getting PROUD of their association with law enforcement..............

Fines be increased right up to the level of impoundment for repeated bad behavior.............

What you find is that we have far more 'closet' law breakers than all of the other orv enthusisasts COMBINED.

And it won't stop until you start hitting these folks in their pocketbook.

Old 05-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your comments. I suggest that we START a national club that makes it MANDATORY to be accountable to state and national authorites(within reason). Perhaps this type of inclusive awarness will help to influence the turning tide of governmental intrusion into OUR property. Sure, there will always be those who will wreck it...but, we have to start somewhere or WE ARE going to be hurting. Two things that are in our favor and I apologize for sounding politcal: 1. George Bush is President! If Clinton or Gore were in office you can bet we would be losing ground...FAST. 2. The industry does have a vested interest in keeping areas open to us...it is a multi-million dollar industry. The time is now to start acting responsably to engender support from above. Thanks, Pastor

Old 05-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Range Rover

I agree the only thing I see when riding is that when you get to places only the ATV can fit on or go down the trash for some reason stops Anybody alse see this?? The trouble is we get the blame Chuck (Cottonwood,AZ.)

Old 05-31-2003, 04:33 PM
Range Rover

How hard would it be for the police/rangers to hit each camp site at the ORV parks and put "SOMEONE " in charge of the camp site? If it is left dirty, charge a fine to that person!!!

Moses Lake is bad when it comes to bad fire pits ( nail from pallets, glass and cans) The Grant county best patrol it all the time so strat catch the ones the don't clean up and fine the crap out of them!!!! We also spend hours make the site camp/ ATV friendly!!!!!!

Good Luck and pack it in and pack it out!!!

Mike

Old 05-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

exactly

Old 05-31-2003, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Possibly we could submit via this website a national sign up of "responsable" atvr's who would be accountable wherever they are. This information would then be submitted to ALL local and national agencies expressing OUR disdain for the current trend of misuse of public property and make a national commitment to make the trails a better place for everybody. Whatever we do must be done quickly...we are running out of time and valuable places. Pastor

Old 05-31-2003, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer

I think individuals should be held accountable not everyone else. But at the same time that would mean you would have to have some sorta monitor watchin over everything all the time. Like one of the trails up the road they are threating to shut it down because people wont quit drag racing on the Street that leads to it and the residents that live on that street are gettin mad. Some people are just idiots though that dont listen and like to ruin it for everyone else. But how abouts would you do the monitor and report system? Like if you see someone do it tell on them?

Old 05-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

I would think nothing of telling on him! I'm 53 and ran the streets a lot of my life never was a rat but today would look at it as him doing something to me were I can''t do what I love ride Why should I let him get away with that when he cares less about people like us?

Quick Reply: Guys who ruin it for everyone else!