Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Michigan Riders

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michigan Riders

Thanks Rich. I really needed that responsibility. Some guys don't even know how to get up north let alone following the lead on a trail. OK, I'll do it but if they get lost this time, I'm not taking them back there again.
So, if you guys that have some riding experience would like to have a great time riding, there are trails in the U.P. you can ride. Join us at the Tahquamenon Hotel, in Hulbert, Mi. for a couple of days of fun riding. You won't be board but you may have to wait on me to get my motor going. We're riding July 11 & 12 ( Friday & Saturday). Families are invited and if you need more information, call 1-(906) 876-2388. This is not an orginized ride. Not associated with any clubs, groups or manufacturer's. We do it each year for a good time. The hotel may still have rooms available or they will direct you to other motels/lodging in the area. See you there.
Chuck

Old 06-14-2003, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default Michigan Riders

Originally posted by: Semicrazy
, and then watching the GCIF Mud Bogs on the 15th in Gladwin.
Thanks,
Nate
Please tell me more about the bogs. Trucks or quads? I am interested in going so let me know any info that you have.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2003, 12:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Michigan Riders

I am from the tri city area. I go up to bull gap once or twice a month. I am headed to silver lake tomorow as soon as my pipe makes it here. I know there are some places in cadillac that are atv designated, but i havent been on them yet. My family has some property up there, so ill make it one of these days. I raced at the sand drags on june 14th in gladwin. Its actually called albright shores, but its the gladwin county fairgrounds. Its fun, just not many four strokes. Id like more people to come around though, more fun with lots of competition.

keep in touch and at least let others know about new places to ride. later.

Old 06-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

Hey clc900,
The website for all the sand drags and mud bogs is albrightshores.com

I only went to the mud bogs.
It was a lot of fun, over 130 runs by 40 to 50 different vehicles.
You can check out pictures from each event.
They had classes from 33s all the way to 44s and an open class.
And there were two pits of varying depth.
The events lasted almost all day and all for only 6 dollers per person.
They have a weekend of events every month.
It was a great time, with the motors roaring and the mud flying.
Some of the trucks look like they had a lot of money and time invested in them.
So much so that some of the professionally built trucks there with racing motors were just getting through the 200ft pits very quickly even though the mud was deep and thick.
There was this built to the hilt tube chassis S-10, Bronco, and others like it, and it was like watching dragsters on 44s fly through the mud.
There were even some 7 second runs.
It was awesome!

My brother and I went up to Gladwin, went riding on Sat on the Gladwin ORV trails, camped that night in the Gladwin State Forest, and then packed up and drove a few miles from the ATV trails and watched the Mud Bogs.

It was a great time and I can not wait to go again!

Old 04-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Michigan Riders

Grizz we're from the same town. I'm riding in Kalkaska 4/17/04 at about 10am. I see you posted this thread a while back. I don't get many chances to ride, we have a new baby here. Every few months I ride in maumee state park, Toledo. Not the best riding for my taste, too many whoops, but it's a day trip. My buddy rides a 2 wheel honda 650 so I'm generally riding alone. Do you know any local private trails? My brother in law doesn't like me tearing up his 10 areas anymore, wonder why? I'm shopping for a Honda 400 so my teenage boys can ride my 2000 Honda 300 fourtrax. Know of any close by to look at?