Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

La. Dunes Riders.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default La. Dunes Riders.

shounonl1 My cousins name is nick nicosia his dads name is Donald. I forget what the name of it is but i know its named after some real famous hunting camp resort. About the bonne carre spillway. The wood trails you could probably ride over an hour ondesignated trails they have and there are a bunch of unmarked trails. There a lot of big mud holes you can get in if you like that stuff. You can also ride 4x4 trucks out there too they have trails set up for it. There is an mx track out there but it hasn't been maintained in while so there really isn't any jumps but it is long with a lot of twists and high turns. There is a drag strip too on the othersied of the railroad track but you can't go too far pass them right now because of over flow of water has covered most of that area but there are some spots you can find that the water is low enough toi cross and get to the trails in the high grass but there is a lot of deadends because of more watrer. You cant get to the other wood trails on that side cause its flooded. Hope this helps you, Also do you still live around natchez and whats your name

Old 06-04-2003, 02:05 PM
CED
Pro Rider

About 3 years back the guy that has the raptor with the R1 engine put on a huge Jamboree,there were trucks parked all the way to the blacktop.They had a kids rodeo event and they also had a semi organized drag racing event.Like you said they need to have an adult event to see who can hold on for 8 seconds.Most of the people there didn't appreciate all the work that went into it.The guy that put everything together said he would never do it again due to the few rotten apples,all in all he said he broke even with the money and Barney made out like a bandit as usual.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats sounds about like Barney. It wouldn't cost all that much for us to put it together. Just annouce it on the forum. Have everyone meet up out there. On the Saturday have drag races and set a bracket up for who wants to run in it. Saturday night have a meeting area where all the forum members could meet up and talk. Maybe even talk someone into bringing a tractor with a box blade to smooth things out. Rope off the race area and we would be set.
The cost would be minimal. Fee to get in,stacks, flagging tape, fuel for the tractor and if we decided to cook something cost of meal. Which like in Aledo, donations are welcome.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I thinkn we could do it but we need to think about getting trophies that always gets people excited...I know about 20 guys that would show that don't get on the forum! surely for the amount of money that Barney would make of of it he would be willing to take the tractor out there and smooth one spot of for us like back in the back by the Lake.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That brings up other questions. Will Barney help and what area to hold the drag races. The area straight back from the entrance to dunes is where most people race. Would racing at the other area to the left of the entrance be good. Its ruff in both places. Trophies would be good but we would have to get money donations up front unless someone can donate them.

How would we do classes. 2stroke and 4stroke or combine them. Then expand.
Piped Jetted.
Internals race fuel. no power adders
down to an open class with no rules. 2 or 4stroke allowed.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like a good idea on the classes. I think the area in the back to the right would be the best place Because of the fact there is a little shade back there on the sidelines..I think we could prob talk Barney into Smoothing it out or maybe he would let us go before on that friday and do it. Barney is all aboutthe money so I think if we were to tell him that we were going to get the word out and that he was going to make a killing off of the people that would be there he would probably agree to it....Just let me know what you think b/c I can leave early one evening from the office and go meet with him about it...Just to see how much I can get him to give in.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

First things first. Who would be willing to help put this thing together and what would the dates be.

Old 06-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

I would Definetly be willing to help out I live 20 mins from the Dunes so I can do it any time but we need to Prob scedule about 1 to 2 months away to give us time to get everything together....speaking of what all would we need just let me know and I will get a list together.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Range Rover

toget the money to do the diff things like trophies and food make an entry fee for each class like five or ten dollars figure up your costs for supplies and maybe even give cash prize to the winnersor there entry fees back.

Old 06-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Quick Reply: La. Dunes Riders.