Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

La. Dunes Riders.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default La. Dunes Riders.

I will start a new thread to discuss these problems.

Old 06-17-2003, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Hey 1BigDS, The guy who actually owns the dunes as far as I know is a guy named Scott from Alexandria and is probably in his 40s and has lots of $$$$$$. I've talked to him a few times and he is really a cool guy. When the dunes first opened he was always there but I never saw him out on the dunes riding. When he was there he would just hang out near the gate chatting with people out there. I don't know if any of y'all remember (or were even riding out there) but for about the first couple of years after the dunes opened when Scott was running the place they would schedule parties every now and then. They had a really cool Halloween party up there on Halloween weekend a few years ago for example. Now that Barney is running the place there has been a steady decline in the quality of how the place is run as well as the overall condition of the place. I'm sure this is partially due to the increased number of people who go to the dunes now. There's a WHOLE LOT more people who go to the dunes now. I can remember going on holiday weeends and not worrying about having a place to park in the campground. Back then it was unheard of to park outside of the gate. If Barney goes up to $50 for the weekend it would be certain that he would lose business. If he ever tries to charge me $50 for a couple of days riding I will tell him as politely as possible to get f*%#@d, turn my rig around, and head back to Greenwell Springs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] As far as the insurance thing goes I think that is Barney's way of justifying the price he charges out there. I don't know how much his premium is but for a hunting lease I was in a couple of years ago the insurance premium for a $1 million policy was nowhere near what Barney takes in on just one regular weekend. Barney's not a dinosaur, he's a snake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

You are right about Barney. I would love to know what hole he is burying all of our money in..
For all of you that dont know.. It was me and my family that Barney told that he was going up to 50 bucks for the weekend.
To my Face. Friday night. He said "I am just about to go up to 50 bucks per weekend" "I am only open on the weekends because I am tired of everybody giving me **** during the week about my fees"

I said earlier, and Ill say it now, the dude has changed.. burned out.. doesnt give a crap anymore, I dont know, but he and the place are different. If he is tired of the big crowds, then he should set a number limit of bikes and people he lets in. Or he should just count all the money he's made, and retire. Again.

Because of what he did to me Friday night when I got there at 11pm (Charge me for riding Friday and Saturday). I will be forced to go up on Saturday mornings with my Fifth Wheel and Bikes, and just camp Saturday night.

I guess this is it in a nutshell.... and Barney couldnt see this:

He charge me for myself and two SLEEPING kids to ride on Friday when we simply wanted to unload and sleep Friday night. We intended on leaving Saturday at 4-5 ish so we could be back home for Fathers Day. So it cost me 75$ + 15$ for myself and my two kids to ride ONE DAY.
I felt it should have been 45$ + 15$ dollars. I brought 100 bucks because we were going to buy some T-shirts for all of us plus visit the concession stand.. guess what.. I didnt spend another CENT with him I was so pissed off. It is not just the money. They looked in my truck and saw kids sleeping. They knew it would take me a good 45 minutes or hour to set my camper up and get unloaded.

After I had a respectful discussion with him about how he used to not do this to people and that it wasnt fair, he looked me in my eye and said "Well I am just about to go up to 50 bucks per weekend, If you get here on a Friday, thats what you are gonna pay, Its after 1030 pm, you should be sitting outside this gate waiting for morning, because we normally have this gate closed for the night at 1030."

He then turned around and climbed back in the camper parked at the front gate. I looked at my camper, and seriously thought about turning it around and heading back to Baton Rouge, but I didnt want to disappoint my kids because I was p1ssed, so I paid the little b1tch at the gate and went in.

Thats the deal. This aint a rumor. He IS going up. I hope somebody who has met or knows "Scott" can get him on the horn, or get his email address and maybe we can do something before we all wind up not going to his place.

Shane Evans

Old 06-17-2003, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Is Scott this guys first or last name?...Let me know and I promise I will have Barney Kissing everyone's a#$...I work in Alexandria and live right outside Of Alex....My father-in-law is a well respected buiss. man in Alex and knows almost everyone here...If we could get this guys name I will find out what it will take to get Barney out of the picture. Which prob would not be much when this guy finds out that Barney is going to loose all of his buissness and will not be able to pay the lease...I can think of 100 diffrent ways to make More money at the Dunes if the overhead was as high as Barney says it is, without going up on the Price.

Old 06-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Scott is the guy's first name. I'll check with some friends to see if they know his last name. A good friend of mine rented a trailer from him not too far my house in Greenwell Springs but he was killed on his street bike in August of 2001.

Old 06-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Find out for me and let me.....Then when Barney's lease runs out, he will be gone!

Old 06-17-2003, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Is it by chance Scott Brame?...I know this guy has rental property in Baton Rouge and he is very well off.....And the good news is he is in our office about 3 times a week...I have a call into him right now just to see if he owns the property.

Old 06-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Shannon, probably couldn't hurt to ask.

Old 08-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

is it the guy you were talking about...barney has raised the prices and needs to go....

Old 08-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

I got in touch with Scott Brame but it is not him...I spoke with Barney and he just redid the lease last week

Quick Reply: La. Dunes Riders.