Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

girls that ride/want to ride around streetsboro, ravenna, mantua, etc. Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default girls that ride/want to ride around streetsboro, ravenna, mantua, etc. Ohio

Hey Jay,

I'm from very close to your area, about a 10 minute drive. Actually I played soccer there in Mantua for a few years as a kid. The only bad thing is that I am another male rider and I don't know many femalre riders around here either. I have one female friend that rides but she doesn't have her own bike. She'd sit on the back of mine if I ever invited her to but I hate riding double. You always have to worry about beating the crap outta them! Anyway, are you looking for any male riders to ride with? Nobody here in Windham rides except some older guys who just like to play in the mudd with Grizz's and Sportsman 700s - to me that is quite boring! Let me know - Thanks

Old 08-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default girls that ride/want to ride around streetsboro, ravenna, mantua, etc. Ohio

thomez,
what type of riding are you looking for? my cousins and i all have sport quads. we do some track riding, trails, mud and hills. i guess i could try to let you know the next time we ride. around what area do you live? i don't think it is that bad riding double. i guess it depends on what kind of riding you are doing.

Old 08-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jay,

I have a Wolverine, so I ride trails, mud, and hills. Fast or technical trail riding being my favorite. I might be purchasing a sport quad (Raptor or Predator) sometime soon, but I go back to school in New Orleans here in 3 weeks. After that I can't really ride at all until next spring [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I live in a small town in the same county as you, it is about 15-20 miles to your east, along the Portage/Trumbull county border. Garrettsville or Hiram ring a bell? If not, the closest thing to call it would be Ravenna, which is 20 mins from here. I am probably going riding next Sunday at a place just south of Canton. I have been there once and I recommend it. It consists of 380 acres of trails, with quite a few decent hills, some mud, and 2 flat fields, one of which has a set of double jumps. It costs 10 bucks and all you have to do is sign a waiver and wear a helmet. Not bad at all. My family and I had a blast last time we went, it had probably been the best place we have found to ride, even better than what we have uncovered in West Virginia so far. If you guys are interested in coming there and riding I can get you directions or whatever. Trust me, it's worth the 10 bucks.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

thomez,
that place sounds pretty nice. can people just go there whenever they want? if you can, give me a little more info about this place. thanks. sorry about you having to leave. I live about 10 mins from garretsville and hiram. ravenna is also about 10 mins from my house.

Old 08-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

I think the guy has it open every day. I know for sure that it is open every weekend. We were one of the first people there when we went, and that was at about 9 in the morning. I wouldn't go much before then because I doubt he will be up and running yet. The guy has you sign the waivers, he gives you a rinky-dink one page map (which I had no clue where I was on the whole day anywayz), and makes sure you have a helmet to wear. Then, you just park in one of the 2 lots and ride anywhere on the property you want, no strings attatched. They leave you alone and don't really care what you do out there, as long as you aren't getting hurt and trying to sue [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] When we were there we saw a lot of dirt bikers as well as sport quad riders, and a fair share of 4x4s running around as well. Most of my family has bigger 4 wheel drive bikes - uncle rides a 400 Bayou 4x4 (the dinosaur of 4 wheelers), other uncle rides a 400 Arctic Cat 4x4 (new), aunt rides a 250 Trailblazer, uncle's g/f rides a 400 Prairie, grandpa rides a 650 Prarie V-twin, and I ride my Wolvy. They trail ride (too slowly) but we have fun. I can get you directions to this place soon, I didn't pay attention as we drove there. It was after getting 2 hours of sleep... let's just say it was a long Sat. night before a Sunday ride. Ask anything else about the place that you want, I dunno what else to say about it. I can get you the name and directions as soon as I talk to my uncle again about going next Sunday. Also, I'm about 10-15 mins from Mantua myself. As a kid I played soccer at St. Joseph's there off Pioneer Trail.

Old 08-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

You guys in Ohio are close to Hatfield-McCoy - you should try them out. Cool trails, over 400 miles. Wide open or extreme trails. Check out their web site at www.trailsheaven.com

Old 08-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm hoping to make it down there next summer for sure! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

that place sounds pretty nice. make sure to give me some directions when you get them. I don't know when i will be able to go, but i will definitely try to make it there. i used to play soccer at st. joes too. i played when i was little and then quite and just played baseball and football. i will be sure to check out trailsheaven too. thanks.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Very nice. Me and a bunch of buddys run around here in lorain ohio. There are plenty of trails and usually round up some women out here. You ever ride up this way?

Old 08-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do you get to the trails in Lorain? Is it legal to ride there? The place that their talking about above is called "Elson Street" They are open on the weekends. It is south of Canton just off route 43. Turn right on Elson st. if you're heading south on 43.

Quick Reply: girls that ride/want to ride around streetsboro, ravenna, mantua, etc. Ohio