Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Oklahoma/Arkansas trail opinions???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oklahoma/Arkansas trail opinions???

I am planning a weeklong camping trip soon. Which do you like better? Daisy State park on Lake Greeson(arkansas) or the Broken Bow, Oklahoma area? If broken Bow, which campground would you recommend? I plan to do a little fishing as well. What kind of trails do these two places have and how do you like them?? Thanks!!!! If you are going there anytime soon let me know I may be there the same week!!!

Old 06-17-2003, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Both places are fun and offer different terrains.

Daisy State Park - Last time I was there you could ride from camp, but I would want to verify if I sent back. I think we actually stayed at Kirbys Landing. Lots of technical trails there and lots of mild ones. Exploring is real fun out there.

Broken Bow - You cant ride from any state park out there so if you are camping, you must primitive camp on your own or trailer the quads. I am a big fan of this area. Not as technical as the Greyson area but still tons of fun. great lake to ride to and swim from.

I have pictures of both areas on my web site.

Old 06-18-2003, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks TexMud. If I go to broken Bow I was thinking about pulling the camper into Beaver Bend. Are there any nice trails that I can get to from there?As far as the daisy area. Just how technical are the trails? Would my recon make a go of it? I don't mind driving the truck to the trail heads wherever I go. Also, which pics should I take a look at on your site? I already have your site in my favorites. Great info by the way. Thanks!!!

Old 06-18-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TEXMud
\
I have pictures of both areas on my web site.
ok where is your web site??? I wanna see too

Old 06-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

if you ride in se ok, make sure you dont need a land use permit. its only needed for three areas, cant remember which ones. its $25 for one pass for non resident. not a bad price if it keeps trails open.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

You can NOT ride from any state park in the Broken Bow area. This includes Beavers Bend, Carsons Creek, and Stephens Gap. You must trailer the quads outside thepark to ride. If you are taking a camper and dont mind no hookups then pull off in the woods and find somewhere to park it. We do this all the time.

As far as the Daisy area goes, I think GregSims on the other forums summed it up. There are some crazy technical trails that I dont ever care to see again. Greg and his gang are a ton of fun to ride with if yall meet up with them. They get a little wild at times but they are fun.

I have pictures at www.ansley.net. On there are pictures of Broken Bow and the Arkansas area from previous years. Just browse around.

You MUST have a land use permit to ride in 90% of the Broken Bow area. Its $25/calendar year per person. Its needed even if you want to walk around up there. The only area in which you dont need it is the state parks (which you cant ride on anyway) and the USFS land. You can ride for free in the USFS section, but there are no signs telling you when you are leaving that area. The tickets for not having the pass are in the hundreds.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Great information Texmud. Thanks. I know better than to ride from the state parks!! I appreciate the info. Where do I get the 25.00 permits? I sure don't want to deal with fines. Thanks.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

try this link

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/hunting2.htm

there is a lot here and should help

Old 06-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Walmart in Broken Bow or any of the big gas stations.

Old 06-19-2003, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Texmud. I appreciate the info. Maybe we can get together sometime and ride. I have inlaws in Fort Worth so I am down there quite a bit. Thanks again!!