Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hurley WI

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurley WI

Blackballed:
I will certainly keep all of you updated on what is going on and the progress. I just got done prepping Quadzilla for the weekend ride! Good riding!
Jigginjack

Old 08-18-2003, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer
Default Hurley WI

Here is an update on Trail 6. I stopped by Sqeaks on the way to “my new” favorite riding area. I had the opportunity to sit down with a couple of gentleman that sit on the forestry board. WOW what a conversation. Here is the scoop on Trail 6
Probably won’t open til next year. Because the forest supervisor is stalling on this trail 6 project because it is keeping the atvers off the trail. Why does he hate us on trail 6 you ask. Well it seems that trail 6 was cut by hand by Mr Zinsmaster (forest supervisor) and his tree hugging friends. And when they finished he proclaimed it as a hiking trail only.
Iron County got involved and said that he did not have the authority to designate that trail as only a hiking trail. Iron County opened it up to the atvs and snowmobiles. So when he sees atvers on “his” trail it burns him up.
Also this trail runs close to a Class 1 trout stream and the run off is getting into that stream. Guess what they found out, if Zinnsmaster hadn’t cut the tress and under brush in the 1st place it wouldn’t be running off into that stream.

Steve

Old 08-20-2003, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hurley WI

TextIron County got involved and said that he did not have the authority to designate that trail as only a hiking trail. Iron County opened it up to the atvs and snowmobiles. So when he sees atvers on “his” trail it burns him up.

Wow!

How can this happen?

The Forestry Services has turned the Chequamegon Forest into a "You will be ticketed area" and now Hurley Wisconsin.

Are these people political appointees and left overs from the Clinton/Gore save the forests era?

Old 08-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default Hurley WI

Thank You for the update Flipper. I was suppose to riding in the Hurley area this weekend but had to cancel at the last moment. Thor, you hit the nail on the head. I think that these people are the remnants of the Clinton Gore era. This Zinmaster is certainly unwilling to talk to anyone regaurding HIS decision about trail six. You all can look forward to next year when we drive down Highway 6. That is what it will be.
Jigginjack
2002 Polaris Sportsman X Special Edition
Aluminum Cargo box
Hand warmers
warn 2500# winch front/back
charter member of The Iron Range Riders and The "HO" train

Old 08-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hurley WI

i was headed for hurley labor day weekend........but after reading the posts here i canceled my room and booked one in iron river(still havent riden all the trails there yet).........if any one goes to hurley soon i would like to hear an update.............thanks.............

Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Range Rover

I know this is an old thread but I am thinking of taking a trip up to hurley wi this summer. I am wondering how are the trails are some of them still challenging and the use of 4wd is needed? And are the trails up there open? We are thinking of going in June sometime, what trails would you recommend if you are looking for 4x4 trails, mud, hills, rocks, ect.

Thank You