Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield-Mcoy

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

Originally posted by: racerx5x5
For other people that don't know what I am talking about, BB got his undees in a bunch because people had loud pipes. But it is ok for him to hurt someones lively hood. You make me sick[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
LMAO !!!

Did I "hurt someone's livelihood" 2 years ago at the innaugural Trail Fest and am not being advised of the situation until now?

My Gosh, I may have 800 people who need apoligizing to.................. and didn't even know it!

Put the'pipe' down, racer..........turn off the torch.........and take a deep breath............we all just want to be your "friend"! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(And please don't NOT respond out of simple 'embarrasment'...........we'll always be your "buddies".......right on through rehab! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )

Old 07-01-2003, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

BB, Everybody should be treated equily bikes,quads,trucks,and so on.

Old 07-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

I'm sure you go there every week[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2003, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

I may have mis read I thought you were holding up the truckers. If not I'm sorry,

Old 07-01-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

Is safe to ride a quad around town there than driving down Rt119 to get to Logan!! That road is a freakin race track!! I know State Police that will say the same....it's a risk crossing the road on Rt119....

But fun as hell nonetheless! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

Originally posted by: racerx5x5
I may have mis read I thought you were holding up the truckers. If not I'm sorry,
Not at all, my friend..........in fact; we looked at the drive from event central to Man and 'back' (gosh, I think it may be 10 to 13 miles; 'one way').........observed the ensuing chaos of this first time event.........and decided to trailer down to Rockhouse and back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(racer)We will always probably disagree on the 'sound issue'; as I believe the laws legislated here in Michigan are meant to be enforced until the residents of our state feel the need to change them.

What I'd like to give you credit for (and which you see VERY LITTLE OF on these forums) is the fact that you made a mistake and owned up to it like a man should. I make 'em myself and expect correction immediately and in the same manner that I claimed to be 'right' in the first place.

I certainly respect your willingness to come forward and wish some of the people who control the boards on some other sites had HALF the character that you just illustrated.................and "in public", no less.

Please continue to 'keep me on my toes'; as I need and sincerely appreciate it.

John

Old 07-02-2003, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

We rode our quads to the Bear Wallow trail from event central and had no problem at all. There was pilot truck with flashing lights leading a group of Quads to the trail with another truck following with flashing lights to keep traffic behind the group. The rules plainly state that no one is allowed on the road without a Hatfield McCoy pilot truck but there where alot of people riding the highways on there own............................................... ..but it would be just as easy to trailor the Quads to the trail head...............great place to go 4 wheelin, I will definitly be going back

Old 07-07-2003, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Hatfield-Mcoy

I have lived where the trail system is my whole life. I can be on top of the old rockhouse strip mine in about ten minutes. As far as riding on the hardtop with coaltrucks you should be very cautious. ATVshave been on the main road around here as long as there have been ATVs. The coal trucks don't pay you a bit of attention. They are going as fast as they can so they haul more loads and get paid more. Your best bet is to ride fast enough till they won't get behind you and to ride the white line because coal trucks don't care if they keep it in their lane. If they hit anything other than another large truck they'll just destroy the other vehicle and walk away fine and they know it. You must use caution when around coal trucks because they won't slow down for you.