Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Is Livingston Ky. 909 still open

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Livingston Ky. 909 still open

Has anyone been to 909 at Livingston Ky. lately? Just checking to see if its still open .

Old 07-28-2003, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rescently rumors have surfaced claiming that Livingston has been closed, but there is also speculation that this information is false. Apperently this rumor has made the rounds previously, but before I make the haul down there I would like to know as well. I have heard various explanations of why the rumor is and isn't true. Thought that maybe you could provide a concrete answer as to whether it is still open to the public or not. A reply would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I know some people that went last weekend and rode all day and they didn't have any problems. The latest rumor I heard was that the land there was supposed to be government owned but now someone told me it's a private owner and there throwing everybody out. I heard the first time you get caught it's a ticket and small fine, the next time is a big fine and they'll take your quad. I don't know how much truth is in this but that's what someone told me.

Old 08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

livingston is not shutting down. i have been the past two weekends. It is part of the Daniel Boone National Forest and they closed most trails to anything of 50" wide. They are trying to get rid of alot of the jeeps

Old 08-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Range Rover

Click on this link, then click on the link -"OHV use at Cromer Ridge Notice"(aka, Livingston, and 909), to see what the London Ranger District of the Daniel Boone National Forest has to say on the matter. I don't know about others , but, I don't think I'll be going to "Livingston" any more.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Trailblazer

Any updates on Livingston?

Old 08-13-2003, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

listen here people i have spoken with the one of the land owners he is a pretty cool dude in fact he really doesnt care if we ride on his property here is the real problem.. litter litter litter. everyone likes livingston and everyone likes to have a good time but u must pick up your garbage u must also make other people pick up thier garbage look at all the vehicles people has taken back in them deep hollows and left thier because the engines blew or etc. or look at all the kids who go down thier and get killed because they didnt have on a helmet or was drunk on an atv or dirtbike look at how many people have been run over buy buggies or other atvs i know A COuple who was int thier tent sleeping at night and was hit buy a quad with a drunk rider can u say air care????? this message must be spread if ya want to keep riding aty livivngston i dont know about u guys but i love going thier its a blast but these people keep trying to sue land owners and the state or what not thier just gonna put up a steel gate and it will be over its not closed thiers no police making people leave but the landowners r watching the gentlemen i spoke with who owns some of the lAND also rides with his friends thier and meets many people just like us so please dont litter please wear a helmet please dont leave your junk vehicle and if u catch someone doing this take down their license plate no# and report them to the law t5he county is trying to help us keep it open because we bring money to a less fortrunate county so please have some respect for the landowners please please please im almost out of rididng areas

Old 08-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have heard the same rumors. last Saturday 8/9 I was travelling and decided to go by and check it out. It looked to be the same, there were riders there and no signs of any gates, fences, or postings.

Dan

Old 08-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

livingston is still open i its only about 10 miles from my house.but its just like the other guy said people need to keep it clean or it will come down to closing it down.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

We were riding on Sunday August 17, 2003. We arrived at 2:00am and passed a few people leaving that told us to turn around because the rangers were handing out tickets all day on saturday, but we decided to stay anyway. There were very few people here this saturday night. We camped out and got up sunday morning and rode from about 8:00am till 12:00pm and saw no other riders except a few just riding around the parking area. We packed up and left at 12:00pm and passed 2 park rangers heading up the main trail following an ATV. It looks like if you have an unliscensed vehicle you have a good chance of getting a ticket riding on the weekend. Not sure what it is like on the weekdays, but they might not make the effort to ticket for so few people.

Quick Reply: Is Livingston Ky. 909 still open