Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Fastest way to Pismo (from SAC) ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 01:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest way to Pismo (from SAC) ??

OK guys -- I'm finally leaving for pismo on friday.. Yee-Haw... Been damn near fifteen years since my ATC has seen those clams!!

Question - from the sacramento area - what is the fastes way to get there?

I'm thinking I-80 to 680 to 101... This seems like a long way though... Is there a better route? A friend suggested I-5, but I'm not sure.....

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2003, 02:26 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest way to Pismo (from SAC) ??

Well, that's the way Mapquest suggests. It would seem like I-5 would keep you out of the mess that is the Bay Area.

Davis to Oceano Dunes
That's showing about a 5+ hour drive @ 313 miles. I go by the distance. The time is usually accurate for trailer pulling I've noticed.

(edit)
Taking the I-5 through Kettleman to Oceano is 337 miles @ 6h 27min.
(edit)

If you do take I-5, I would assume take it south to Kettleman City. Take SR-41 West from Kettleman. (You can stop there if you want. Most places have a BUNCH of parking.) Gas is usually cheaper at the Chevron in Reef City (one valley west of Kettleman if you need it.) for some weird reason. Stay on 41, till it merges with 46. Take 46 to 101 and 101 south.

You may not want to completey take that rouate. We always exit at Grand Avenue in Arroyo Grande. Take Grand west just past the railroad tracks. Make a left on whatever street that is that parallels the tracks (you'll see a booth if you kept on going straight.) Take this street south to Pier Avenue. Turn right on Pier (it's the only way you can go other than straight.) You'll hit the booth at the end of Pier.

I'll be there sometime Friday.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote